Wireless back up cameras

68camaro

Any River...Any Place
Mods, feel free to move if this is wrong spot.....

Anyone have experience with wireless backup cameras on their rigs? I specifically want to know if they work without connection problems cropping up at wrong time (like when you need them)?

Thanks

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
I installed one on the rear of our Tiger and haven't had any issues with it. I'm not sure of the brand, but I can look it up. We added a dash camera at the same time and have been happy with it aswell. Goodluck !

68camaro

Any River...Any Place
I installed one on the rear of our Tiger and haven't had any issues with it. I'm not sure of the brand, but I can look it up. We added a dash camera at the same time and have been happy with it aswell. Goodluck !

Thanks Paul, if you can get name & model that would be great....I'll be using your toolbag & tools to install bye-the-way:)

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
Thanks Paul, if you can get name & model that would be great....I'll be using your toolbag & tools to install bye-the-way:)

I've been real happy with Auto-Vox M1W wireless Backup Camera Kit from Amazon. Plug an play for the monitor and two wire hookup for the transmitter/camera. Very easy. Good luck!

Reactions: GHI

68camaro

Any River...Any Place
I run a wifi camera through my ipad with zero issues. Night time shown picture quality is much better in daylight

Do you have any problems with connectivity to iPad? I have two gadgets (deeper sonar and bore scope) that use internal wifi to connect to my iphone/ipad but getting them to connect is very frustrating most of the time. With backup camera I would like instant read every time.

LandCruiserPhil

Expedition Leader
Do you have any problems with connectivity to iPad? I have two gadgets (deeper sonar and bore scope) that use internal wifi to connect to my iphone/ipad but getting them to connect is very frustrating most of the time. With backup camera I would like instant read every time.

I also monitor a couple other devices and the only issue is if Im hot spotting I will need to switch networks. Actually I have been surprised how nice it has been as it was a $37 ebay set up.

4OHi6

Yea I did. Thanks

@LandCruiserPhil
Doing some research I came up with mores questions.

Do you have it wired to be avail all the time or only in reverse? Reading if wired into reverse it takes a couple of minutes before wifi network fires up and iPad connects.
Where/how does the camera mount?

A link to eBay or amazon for what you used is appreciated.

TrailmapperMB

Anyone have any multi camera set-ups?, multiple Garmin GC-30'S, signal switchers etc. I am looking to hook up back up camera for hitching trailer and then another to watch load on trailer.

trailscape

Explorer
I had a cheap one wired up for a while that worked alright. Someone around here had a jeep with a camera mounted over a spare and every time I passed by my display would switch to his camera for a few seconds.

Red90

Adventurer
Anyone have any multi camera set-ups?, multiple Garmin GC-30'S, signal switchers etc. I am looking to hook up back up camera for hitching trailer and then another to watch load on trailer.

With the Gamins you can have multiple cameras working with the GPS and switch between them. However the cameras are wide angle enough to see the trailer and hook it up with one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles