Winnerwell Fastfold Oven

shade

I couldn't get their site to load.

Interesting. It sounds like it has a mesh bottom that would work best with something between it and a stove burner to diffuse the heat.

Roger M.

Adventurer
It's 3 times the price of the Coleman, and looking at the gauge of the steel in the pictures, it doesn't look like it would be much different in terms of both stoves being a bit "floppy" and lightweight.
(BTW their website doesn't load for me either, so I looked around the web for assorted pics.)

Regardless, speaking with Bill at Partner Steel a while back (when I was talking about appropriate griddle size for my 22" stove with him) he said that any Partner stove requires a minimum of one inch clearance around all four sides in order to prevent excessive heat build up. I sized my griddle to give me an inch and a half clearance on all four sides.
Bill noted that excessive heat build up could potentially damage the o-ring seals in the control knobs (among other things).

Back to the Winnerwell ... looking at the dimensions of the stove, it would work just fine on a Partner 22", with appropriate clearance around the sides for proper cooling.

DirtWhiskey

Western Dirt Rat
Winnerwell is a branch of Springbar and their stoves are awesome. Haven't used the oven yet but I've messed with it in their show room. It's not even in the same league as the Coleman, which is a toy. Plus the little view window is cute as a button. Being an arm of Springbar, service will be unparalleled. Love to hear a review if you get one. One would think you could use it as a smoker too no?

shade

Winnerwell is a branch of Springbar and their stoves are awesome. Haven't used the oven yet but I've messed with it in their show room. It's not even in the same league as the Coleman, which is a toy. Plus the little view window is cute as a button. Being an arm of Springbar, service will be unparalleled. Love to hear a review if you get one. One would think you could use it as a smoker too no?
Ah, and here's a functional link.

1571567895848.png

Springbar Tents are quite good, so I can see how this stove could be another worthwhile product. @jgatliff - If you check out that link, you'll see one reviewer uses theirs with a Partner Steel stove.

Reactions: GHI

mmp3823

Observer
My mom gave me the Coleman stove as a present. Even though it is not the highest gauge of metal it actually works quite well and we've used it to bake all kinds of things including lasagna while camping.

jgatliff

Father, Husband, Outdoorsman, & Adventurer.
I reached out to Springbar Canvas and asked about using the Fastfold Ove on a camp stove and they replied:

The Fastfold Oven is designed to be used with radiant heat by being set on top of one of the Winnerwell stoves. It cannot take direct flame to the bottom of the oven because the light guage wire mesh will get damaged. We have talked to people that have successfully used it the way that you are describing by putting a flat skillet on the stove and then putting the Fastfold Oven on top of that. Let us know if you have any other questions and have a great weekend!

I also asked if they had considered making a version with a solid bottom on it for the use on camp stoves. I would totally buy one if they did.

krick3tt

Adventurer
Looking at the link and picture it doesn't look all that difficult to add a piece of aluminum to conform to the bottom to allow it to sit on a camp stove.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles