Winnebago Micro Minnie?

Sid Post

Observer
I am considering an 1800BH Micro Minnie, so dual axles in a relatively short trailer. I won't be traveling on Jeep Rubicon trails but, I do go to rather remote places in addition to more typical places like National Parks.

Will this trailer hold up to use in locations like Utah, Nevada, etc. where unpaved roads and 4x4 "pickup only" roads are frequently encountered? Or does it realistically only belong in National Forests and similar boondocking situations? It will be pulled by a Ford Superduty 4x4 FWIW to carry my motorcycle.

TIA,
Sid

Bob Boyer

Just now logged on after a while. Sorry I didn't see this sooner. We've owned a 2019 1706FB Micro Minnie since March 2020 and have had no issues driving slowly over NFS and similar roads in our travels or going up on the Tellico watershed in eastern TN for some camping and trout fishing (North River and Holly Flats CGs). It's been on 15 miles of washboard in the UP of Michigan but wouldn't say I'd want to do that on a regular basis. We took a couple of the "4x4 only" roads while exploring away from our campsite in Big Bend in January and I can't say I would have wanted to drag it over those. They're light trailers and that lightness comes at the expense of toughness.

Edit: all that said, we enjoy ours and have no worries taking it long distances. It's just that if we're going to go to the more remote places, we'll take a tent and such instead of the trailer. Just a different approach.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Any Travel trailer by one of the big manufacturers is probably best left to paved roads.

We just had ours down an hour of gravel / washboard roads and had to slow down to about 20 mph so it wouldn't rattle apart.

Maybe your dirt / 4x4 roads are better than washboard gravel?

BBsound

Adventurer
Just found this thread since I am considering the purchase of a 2306 BHS with the adventure package that includes the AT tires.
Do you guys think lowering the air pressure while off road would help reduce the beating up of the interior?
Has anyone experimented with this?

DFNDER

Might help a bit, but only so much that can do to overcome the limitations of a trailer built primarily for pavement. I wouldn’t expect miracles.

Reactions: EPO

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior