Winnebago EKKO

martinf

+1 to everything said above. I do prefer the Aeonrv floor plan though, mostly for the dinette arrangement vs the 2 seats of the Ekko but that's just a personnal preference.

Regarding the dually question, the truth is probably 99% of the driving in an Ekko/Aeon will be done on pavement or graded gravel roads so not much to worry about. If you see big rocks just avoid them.

Steve_382

Another consideration is that the AeonRV has no propane. That's appealing to not have to deal with another fuel. The Ekko is a bit longer, but only about a foot. I do like the sleeping arrangement in the Ekko. Easy in and out of bed. Now, maybe if either of them had the new Transit Trail options with a bit more lift and bigger tires I would write a check.

texasnielsen

Outdoorsman
Another consideration is that the AeonRV has no propane. That's appealing to not have to deal with another fuel. The Ekko is a bit longer, but only about a foot. I do like the sleeping arrangement in the Ekko. Easy in and out of bed. Now, maybe if either of them had the new Transit Trail options with a bit more lift and bigger tires I would write a check.
That’s been the biggest issue for me with the EKKO. I want nothing to do with propane. I would not get the genny and the propane is a problem as the rig uses it for HW and heat as well as the cooktop. There are remedies for these but one ends up with substantial changes to what was the OEM configuration. So unless WGO recognizes this as a option to change to heating off the fuel tank and induction for cooking (for an additional delete of the propane along with the genny) I am sticking with my current van (Revel).

gregmchugh

Observer

If don’t have a big issue with the propane in the EKKO given that they went with two standard refillable propane tanks rather than a fixed propane tank. I would swap out the propane cooktop for induction and be happy with the two Truma propane units that seem to be high quality. I would go with a Quigley lift, upgraded shocks and struts, and larger tires. Nothing special about the Transit Trail options that I see, can always use a Raptor grill if you want a change there.

texasnielsen

Outdoorsman
Just stumbled on the TheFitRV YT channel. Guy is amazing. He’s done everything that WGO should have considered after the first year of the EKKO was in production.

gregmchugh

Observer
Just stumbled on the TheFitRV YT channel. Guy is amazing. He’s done everything that WGO should have considered after the first year of the EKKO was in production.

James (FitRV) always makes major upgrades to his RV including their Travato they had before getting the EKKO. Looking at the upgrades he has done to the EKKO it doesn’t look like many of the major ones would make sense for WGO to implement and keep the EKKO competitively priced. The current EKKO configuration with the 2023 updates meets the needs of the majority of buyers and as James as shown further upgrades are feasible for the owners who want them. The major upgrades he made to the electrical system and chassis were very expensive but many of the others were not expensive but did require lots of his labor and workshop tools in order to get it done and some were easy for anyone to do.

texasnielsen

Outdoorsman
No, Not many need 20k of lithium.
However an induction cooktop and flipping sink and stove (ala the Revels development) are very much something WGO can accomplish. And still remain “competitive”.

gregmchugh

Observer
No, Not many need 20k of lithium.
However an induction cooktop and flipping sink and stove (ala the Revels development) are very much something WGO can accomplish. And still remain “competitive”.

I expect they will do some running changes over the next year to address some of the items that are not expensive that customers are desiring.

IslandTime

I've seen the guy who did a wrap on the EKKO but curious if anyone has done, or seen photos of an EKKO with the lower portion done with something like Line-X or Rhino liner. Love to have the front of the cab and the lower sides on our EKKO protected against rock dings, door dings and brush scratches. I see most of these liners claim they adhere to fiberglass so assume they would be solid on the read box sides?

gregmchugh

Observer
I expect they will do some running changes over the next year to address some of the items that are not expensive that customers are desiring.

They made at least one running change on the 2023 model currently in production, moving the Balmar alternator controller from under the hood into the internal battery box.

texasnielsen

Outdoorsman
I've seen the guy who did a wrap on the EKKO but curious if anyone has done, or seen photos of an EKKO with the lower portion done with something like Line-X or Rhino liner. Love to have the front of the cab and the lower sides on our EKKO protected against rock dings, door dings and brush scratches. I see most of these liners claim they adhere to fiberglass so assume they would be solid on the read box sides?
The rhino product is a hot application and would not work. The “line” product is “cold” and works very well on fiberglass or synthetic products. I’ve used it very successfully on the restoration of fiberglass boats.
C396FB3C-746A-4D15-B6F0-6B313587EF92.jpegB0DEB281-EE8C-4F4E-B814-E6127A610B29.jpeg257C7F32-E1C7-4E8A-8AC5-9DD25DB4ADDB.jpeg

UngaWunga

Anyone with an Ekko having issues getting Winnebago to handle the recall around the location of the inverter?
I'm considering one of these vans, and hope the prices on used continue to drop.

martinf

Anyone with an Ekko having issues getting Winnebago to handle the recall around the location of the inverter?
I'm considering one of these vans, and hope the prices on used continue to drop.
Join the facebook group "winnebago ekko owners and wannabees". This topic has been discussed plenty over there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles