Windshield for an LN2 in the USA

VerMonsterRV

Gotta Be Nuts
So I think I may already know the answer to this question, but does anyone know where to get a windshield for a LN2 in the USA? From Europe the shipping for a $300 windshield is about $1400...

VerMonsterRV

Gotta Be Nuts
And if you squint a bit you can see the LN2 in there... on the Freightliner FLC-112 :p . Another possible source for a windshield. Have to say the truck looks much better without that massive hood. I got this info from the LN2 forum. Also have found a very resourceful and helpful MB car parts person. She was able to find our VIN and part number, but she is not allowed to order truck parts. She is now trying to find a truck part dealer that could also find our VIN, I have never been successful with that even though Frieghtliner is a Mercedes company and they use the EPC.

1990s_Freightliner_FLC_Medium_Conventional.jpg

Joe917

Explorer
Pacific Power Group has access to the Mercedes EPC and can order parts.

VerMonsterRV

Gotta Be Nuts
Quick update, I think I have figured out how to source the windshield for the FLC-112 (the Freightliner with the LN2 cab). They are available and cheap as chips ($170) in the USA. I just need to try and verify measurements before I order. There is even one a couple hours away from my sister inlaw's house! If this works out it is definitely the way to go for a LN2 windshield in North America.

VerMonsterRV

Gotta Be Nuts
Is the LN2 screen the same as the NG screen

Neil
Not sure, but I would think no. I am pretty sure the NG cabs are a bit larger than the LN2. Not sure if Freightliner also used the NG cab in a different truck like they did with the LN2. If this works out then I got pretty lucky.

Sitec

Adventurer
Is the LN2 screen the same as the NG screen

Neil

No. The Freightliner only shares the same cab as the smaller frame trucks. For our trucks I believe the only other option for us are the Chinese built Bieben Trucks. I'm pretty sure they have both the wide and narrow NG/SK cabs in their range too...

Beiben Truck.png

VerMonsterRV

Gotta Be Nuts
And the new Freightliner windshield popped right in! It does have a bit of a black band at the bottom of the window (you can see it in the picture). I can only imagine it was because the Freightliner's hood was above the bottom of the windshield. No problem though as it is behind our dash. It took 3 guys to install but it was installed in a matter of a few minutes. Today we had the sun visor tint done so that project is complete. So the Freightliner part number is 681 671 03 10, and it uses the Mercedes gasket. The aftermarket glass these guys supplied was a DW01000 part number. So no need to wait (or possibly pay) for a windshield to be shipped from Europe if you're an LN2 owner.

PXL_20220404_143934975.jpg

That's pretty cool!
I'm wondering if the door/window parts are similar if they share the same cab? Some of the seals or old/dry/shrunk and could be updated.

VerMonsterRV

Gotta Be Nuts
That's pretty cool!
I'm wondering if the door/window parts are similar if they share the same cab? Some of the seals or old/dry/shrunk and could be updated.
Looking at pictures online of the Freightliner truck I would think there are several cab parts that they share and they likely share the same MB part number. Our windshield was a Freightliner, mainly because they added a black band on the bottom. The gasket was a MB part number.

The gasket was a MB part number.
To verify, is the windshield part number DW01000?
I actually have a Frieghliner fl60 as well but I have never had the 2 trucks side by side. But from memory, the doors windows look the same if not similar. I need to get them side by side sometime. It would be rad to have fresh seals.

VerMonsterRV

Gotta Be Nuts
To verify, is the windshield part number DW01000?
I actually have a Frieghliner fl60 as well but I have never had the 2 trucks side by side. But from memory, the doors windows look the same if not similar. I need to get them side by side sometime. It would be rad to have fresh seals.
Yes, it should be the right one. It was the cross reference number from the Freightliner number. Freightliner also had them in stock but the glass place just ordered from their own supplier.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles