Winch Clinic - Sunday December 12, 2010

Gooseberry

Explorer
I have also signed up for this and it looks like we hae 3 SMB's for the class on the 12th and would need one more to confirm it. Just talked with Tom also and it sounds like a blast.

Kelly:smiley_drive:

I am signed up to attend the Basic to Advanced Winching & Recovery Clinic offered by Tom Severin from Badlands 4x4 Training on Sunday, December 12. Tom called me yesterday and said that so far, I am the only one signed up. Though a few more may sign up at the last minute, if he doesn't get a minimum of 4 vehicles, he'll have to cancel the class. This looks like a great class and could be an opportunity to get a few SMBs together and learn how to pull each other out of jams. Tom is the same person that did the class that Angel starred in (viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5821) and I will be taking that one the day before this winch class. Dave from adventureduo.com took the class and wrote about it on his blog (http://www.adventureduo.com/2010/10/bru ... overy.html). For more info about the class, click here.

Steve

mrchips

Adventurer
I have taken this class, and it is really well worth it, you will take allot away and have a better knowledge as to what you can do with your winch to help yourself out of a situation or somebody else.

Gooseberry

Explorer
My main goal is to not get stuck and after 35 years of playing in the california and arizona deserts I have been pulled out twice. Both on the river and in the mud. Most likely caused by age and adult beverages. I used to take donkey trails from pilot rock on havasu to catail cove on a beat up xr250 solo.

With the 9000lb van I want to make sure I understand the dangers and do's and dont's all while doing a little exploring.

I have been through the area on my 640 and had a blast but I did not slow down to really check it out. Kinda hard reading a role chart looking for the next turn at speed.

Gooseberry

Explorer
what a day with Tom and the three SMB's. Did not get the notice on the red paint but it all worked great.

Steve did some pretty cool stuff with his EB and Allen from SMB Just cleaned everthing.

some pics

Attachments

• PC120080-1.jpg
    PC120080-1.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 40
  • PC120086-1.jpg
    PC120086-1.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 17
  • PC120090-1.jpg
    PC120090-1.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 40
  • PC120113-1.jpg
    PC120113-1.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 32
  • PC120116-1.jpg
    PC120116-1.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 23
  • PC120102-1.jpg
    PC120102-1.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 20

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Im sorry i missed the trip. Great pics! I was supposed to join you guys as the caboose. I had other obligations that came up. Tom said you all did very well. Congrats on improving your knowledge and brushing up on old skills.

Gooseberry

Explorer
It was great Watching Steve walk up the narrows then go it wont fit no way.

Then do it

So much to be explored

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94