Winch Bumper for 1997 R50

granitex1

Adventurer
ARB makes a good one, but stay away from TAG, ot tactical armour group, I have seen more issues come out of that shop than quality peices. You have to question a company that keeps changing there name to avoid bad press.

XPLORx4

Adventurer
Other than the poorly-recommended TAG bumper, there aren't any winch bumpers for the 96-00 R50. The ARB sahara bar for the 01-04 R50 (almost $1400) can be adapted to fit. Most other winch bumpers you see on R50s are either built by their owners or are custom one-off builds from a 4x4 fabrication shop. You might get some good advice from folks over at nissanpathfinders.net

XPLORx4

Adventurer
The XJ rough country bumper can be adapted, but it's about 2 inches narrower than the Pathfinder's front width from corner light to corner light.

Here's a pic of mine.
10c12a67bbd827e242d68d775b496eff.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using using Crapatalk

Mountainman63

Winch Bumper Woes

Looks like it's time to dust off the welder and torch and try to make one myself. I'd love to have the ARB or a TMJ, even a TAG but looks as though the options are extinct for the R50. I'd like to see where the mounting points and any bracing/other attachment locations should be but I guess I will figure that out as the design/build comes to be. Any input would be appreciated. Diagrams or pictures even more. Thanks to all who replied.

975.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles