Wilson Sleek and Trucker Antenna

LandCruiserPhil

Expedition Leader
I run 2 Weboost systems a Reach using the truckers antenna on the front corner and a Sleek using the 4" mag mount in the center of the hood. Personally I dont see a big performance difference if any but they both make a difference without question.

davescott

Observer
I run 2 Weboost systems a Reach using the truckers antenna on the front corner and a Sleek using the 4" mag mount in the center of the hood. Personally I dont see a big performance difference if any but they both make a difference without question.
[/ QUOTE]
Thanks. I’m really surprised by that. I have a Wrangler so a metal ground plane is only the hood. I use the larger antenna 12”? on a magnet mount in the center of the hood. I guess I’m doing as good as I can.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
I spoke to Wilson and he said both antennas offer about the same performance. I guess some trucks don't have metal roof to mount an antenna.

I have a truckers antenna and it works just fine. I got it after driving through Midland/Odessa Texas and seeing all the oil company trucks with one. I spoke to a couple of oil patch guys at gas stations and they swore by them.

quickfarms

Adventurer
I spoke to Wilson and he said both antennas offer about the same performance. I guess some trucks don't have metal roof to mount an antenna.

I have a truckers antenna and it works just fine. I got it after driving through Midland/Odessa Texas and seeing all the oil company trucks with one. I spoke to a couple of oil patch guys at gas stations and they swore by them.

All the condo, stand up, sleepers on trucks have a fiberglass roof

Bravo30

I have one attached to a magnetic CB base then sits on my metal van roof. I can’t really tell a difference but then again my tests aren’t exactly scientific. Maybe the base I’m using is interfering?

Bravo30

I can tell you for sure what is junk though and that’s the flat panel directional antenna for RV’s. It sends the signal 2’ at best and most times I have to have the phone physically touching the antenna. I bough it with the intentions of mounting it behind the drivers seat facing outwards towards my side sliding door so I could get reception when I sat by the camp fire. That didn’t work as planned.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne