Willman's Bantam BT3-C Expedition Trailer Buildup

Willman

New Axle

Got an new axle with elec. brakes.......

DSC03915.jpg

Wired wheeled the leaf springs and gave them a fresh coat of paint.

DSC03916.jpg

Installing the new brakes...

DSC03917.jpg

Here she is!!! I found a used set of BF AT's in a 285 for a temporary fix on 16x8 Wheelers black steelies ( type B) to match the truck......going to 255's in the future.

DSC03921.jpg

The tires stuck out about 2".....Down the road...the 255's will help with that. I have about 2 1/2" in the fender at the bottom.

Still lots to do.....

• Rewire trailer for brakes
  • Wire tow rig w/ brake controller
  • bath!
  • Lid for the RTT
  • and the list goes on....

:)

Willman

More

Before

DSC03879.jpg

(added some Scepter cans to the front in welded down AT holders...great setup!)

After

Spring over!

DSC03919.jpg

48" hi-lift....she sure tall now!..That is a 6" block of wood holding up the front....

Desertdude

Expedition Leader
Willman said:
I wish i had your type of fenders......

I thinking if taking a piece of black rubber to extend them out.

Something like this:

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/...08750/p-2008750/N-111+10201+600013135/c-10101

Any other ideas?

:REOutArchery02:

Nice idea with the rubber...

I just finished the new custom hitch and fender widening on my second M101 - we took 1/8 X 4" steel extending the fenders from the tub outward - a bit easier on the M101 due to the angle bends (not round) I needed to go 3" to cover the tires.

Willman

Desertdude said:

I just finished the new custom hitch and fender widening on my second M101 - we took 1/8 X 4" steel extending the fenders from the tub outward - a bit easier on the M101 due to the angle bends (not round) I needed to go 3" to cover the tires.

Right on DD....

Any pictures of the install???

I thought about doing that.......We have a metal roller in our Blacksmiths shop that would do the trick to get that material round to fit the fender......Rubber seems easyer and will give the Toyota flare look just like the tow rig.....Going for the matching look i guess...

blupaddler

Conspirator
Nic, looks really good!

Is that your shop in the background? Some nice metal work in there! :clapsmile :clapsmile :clapsmile

Oh, and DDude you need lighten your load and get rid of that second trailer.:)

Willman

blupaddler said:
Nic, looks really good!

Is that your shop in the background? Some nice metal work in there! :clapsmile :clapsmile :clapsmile

Thanks!

Father-in-law is a Blacksmith!

Having a big heated shop comes in handy in the winter time!

:REOutCampFire03:

computeruser

Explorer
Lookin' good! I continue to be envious, and may have to finally do something about that envy in 2008.

Do you happen to know (or could you measure) the width of the trailer at its widest point with stock tires? I'm assuming that the fender is wider than the hub, from the pictures and from samples I've seen. Since I'm super tight on driveway and garage space, I'd love to be able to park one inside of my regular utility trailer.

And for those who are in the know, is there any material difference in terms of overall width between the Bantam, M416, and M101 trailers?

Willman

computeruser said:
Do you happen to know (or could you measure) the width of the trailer at its widest point with stock tires? I'm assuming that the fender is wider than the hub, from the pictures and from samples I've seen. Since I'm super tight on driveway and garage space, I'd love to be able to park one inside of my regular utility trailer.

My trailer is not at my house......I'll get ya some measurements Monday:)

computeruser said:
And for those who are in the know, is there any material difference in terms of overall width between the Bantam, M416, and M101 trailers?

I would have to say really close in measurements!:)

Desertdude

Expedition Leader
M101 size drawing (under frame size) the custom tongue is an additional 38.5 inches (approx.) out from the bottom tub edge.

[EDIT]
Actual outside dimensions - 48" X 73" tub - wheels & fenders 8" (each) Total width 64" (outside wheel to wheel) Length including tongue 111.5 "

Total footprint dimensions - 64" X 111.5"

:::

Last edited:

Willman

Desertdude said:

Bump for some pictures of the mod!!!!!

:chowtime:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online