Willman's Bantam BT3-C Expedition Trailer Buildup

TheJosh

Explorer
Well...Just bought an 1800 series Eezi-Awn Tent!!!!

Eeziawnlogo.gif

:wings:

Now time to get the lid done!

Also...UPS man just dropped off the McMaster parts...

And ordered up my AT chaser fenders! Thanks Mario!

1_chaser6.jpg

(adventuretrailers.com)

Life is Good!

where do you order the chaser fenders from? i checked AT and couldnt find them and price?

Willman

where do you order the chaser fenders from? i checked AT and couldnt find them and price?

Give Mario a call....He can get you setup

i found this link from a friend that ill end up ordering from

http://abctrailerparts.com/axles.html

hey Nic, what width did you order your axle in and are you happy with the tracking on your tacoma with the trailer?

I can't remember the width.....The trailer is in storage right now.....It should be somewhere in this thread....Sorry...

NORCALROOTS

DISREGARD THIS QUESTION. I FOUND THE INFO BUT WILL LEAVE THE POST FOR SEARCH PURPOSES.

Hello Willman,

I have a Bantam BT3-C trailer (possible a 1954) that I want install a new axle, leaf springs, and u-bolts on. In looking at your post regarding your axle purchase, I have a few questions that I was hoping you could answer:

1. What axle width did you purchase to accommodate your tires?

Existing Measurements for 1952-ish Bantam BT3-C Trailer:
52" Hub Face to Hub Face
36 1/8" Center to Center on leaf spring perch

I have 32" BFG's mounted on 15x8 rims with 3.75" backspacing that I want to put on my trailer.
2. Where did you source the axle?
A. (http://hendersonwheel.com)
3. Do you have part numbers?
A. No, Axle Purchased was 3500 lb. Axle with 10" Drum Brakes 6 on 5.5 lugs COST: $257
3. Is there a threshold weight for the trailer that a adding brakes to the trailer becomes essential?
A. Used primarily to negotiate obstacles.

If this info is already on here, I apologize. I took a look through the thread but didn't see these questions answered.

Thanks in advance,

Brian in San Francisco

Last edited:

MotorMycle

I'm a new Bantam owner and just enjoyed reading this whole thread. Just curious because it has been a few years, have you made any changes? Anything you'd do differently? My projects never seem to be finished and I'm wondering if you've added anything else to your rig. Thanks!

Willman

I'm a new Bantam owner and just enjoyed reading this whole thread. Just curious because it has been a few years, have you made any changes? Anything you'd do differently? My projects never seem to be finished and I'm wondering if you've added anything else to your rig. Thanks!

Sorry for the late reply. I sold the trailer a few years ago. I do miss it! I will have to build another one.

mrgeep

I was pretty excited to see a response to this thread in 2017 when I was searching the forums!

Do you recall what the strut force was? I will have similar setup once mine is finished and I'm looking at using the same locations for my struts, just internal. The weight of my lid is about 150# according to the company that fabbed it for me and when I opened it to the appropriate height and used placed a scale underneath the support at the level where the strut will attach to the lid it indicated it needed 190 pounds of force to stay open (don't know exactly how accurate a measurement that is, but I found the instructions on a thread on ExPo somewhere...). My tent is about 220# on top of that, it was not attached to the lid when I weighed the force to keep it open. That brings my total weight up to between 370 and 410 pounds of force to open it. Any thoughts on what yours was or what I may need?

Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94