Willman's 2001 Tacoma

Wainiha

Explorer
I
Welcome Back Kurt!

What did you do to fix the problem? Pictures? This is the first of have heard of any issues with the mod....It is a ton of weight in that one section....

It has been a great traction bar with no issues. (knock on wood) BTW...Where did you here about the problem?

I think it was Hytenor on TTORA. He said get the weld on style. I can't weld...so I was looking at the bolt on.

Mainmoe02

Lift size???

Hey this truck is what I want mine to be. One day when he grows up, maybe he can be just like yours :)

I was wondering what size lift you have? I like the way it sits, plus the tires are perfect style. I'm thinking about getting the BFG 255/85/16 MT. If they fit, guess I gotta figure that out. Do your tires rub? I was thinking since they are a little narrower then I'd be ok with my 2.5" lift if I got the 255/85/16 tires. That's kinda why I was asking what size lift you have. Thanks for the input!

-Moe

I'm sorry I meant to ask what setting are you running on the Bilsteins and how much of a lift do the 10 pack leaf springs give you.

Last edited:

logan1992

William did you reinforce your frame with the frame strengthening plates? if so how did they work and at what point did you decide to do it?

Willman

Hey this truck is what I want mine to be. One day when he grows up, maybe he can be just like yours :)

I was wondering what size lift you have? I like the way it sits, plus the tires are perfect style. I'm thinking about getting the BFG 255/85/16 MT. If they fit, guess I gotta figure that out. Do your tires rub? I was thinking since they are a little narrower then I'd be ok with my 2.5" lift if I got the 255/85/16 tires. That's kinda why I was asking what size lift you have. Thanks for the input!

-Moe

I'm sorry I meant to ask what setting are you running on the Bilsteins and how much of a lift do the 10 pack leaf springs give you.

Icons (Donahoes) in the front and Deavers 10 pack in the rear. 2.5" or so lift depending on how you tweak it. Tires do rub only on extreme flex. Sounds like you are on your way. Make sure to post up your pictures.

William did you reinforce your frame with the frame strengthening plates? if so how did they work and at what point did you decide to do it?

Sure did. The truck felt stiffer in the corners after the install. A must mod if your planning on packing all the weight.

KK6POV

Adventurer
sweet truck! what size tires did you have on your rig when you still had the original wheels AND lift? I just lifted mine with icons, camburgs, and ome leafs, so I am basically the same height as you with 16 in wheels, the thing I don't like is how close to the spindle/uca the tires are. have you ever broken your spydertrax spacers?

Willman

sweet truck! what size tires did you have on your rig when you still had the original wheels AND lift? I just lifted mine with icons, camburgs, and ome leafs, so I am basically the same height as you with 16 in wheels, the thing I don't like is how close to the spindle/uca the tires are. have you ever broken your spydertrax spacers?

255's...No issues with the spacers.

Love those new wheels! I'm very interested in info on the new bed setup.

Thanks. It's Top Secret! ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier