Willman's 2001 Tacoma

Willman

flyingwil said:
Where did you plant your money tree?

Looks great so far!

If I told you...I'd have to kill you!!!

:elkgrin:

HomeDump I think sells them in the way back! Ask for Larry in the Seattle branch....lol

7wt

Expedition Leader
I love your truck. You have some very innovative ideas going on. Keep up the good work.

Willman

Deaver 10 pack install

All painted and ready to install. In with the new and out with the old!!!

Scott has a great writeup that i followed to the T on the install of the new Deavers! Thanks Scott!

Deaver install

DSC01935.jpg

The stock leafs came out in pretty good shape for taking a pounding from the 270 lbs. rear bumper totally loaded.

DSC01936.jpg

One thing that really helped was using a strap to pull the axle 3/4" foreword to its new place centering the axle in the fender.

DSC01937.jpg

Everything went good until I installed the new u-bolts from Deaver. The bolts were about 3/4" to long!!!

DSC01938.jpg

Sooooo....I took about 1/2" off to prevent stuff dragging on it in the future on the trail.

DSC01939.jpg

All done and ready to install the tire and rock and roll!!!

Now to test these bad boys on the trail!!!

DSC01940.jpg

Willman

Donahoes Are in!!

Got my new Donahoes!!!

DSC01943.jpg

The install is pretty easy! I left the tires on and also did the adjustment with the tires on just turning the tires to gain access with the spanner wrench. I have 1 3/4" of thread showing on the hoes.

DSC01965.jpg

Now time for the the test post!!!!

Willman

Suspension Test!!!

DSC01955.jpg

Overall suspension rating:

Deaver 10 pack springs:
I give them a 9 out of 10

The springs ride very nice! These springs have solved my problems in the rear! I am very happy with them. The only thing that bugs me is that they squeek a little going down the trail. Another thing is that the E-brake cable rests on the leaf pack. On this test run, I loaded the truck with my wife and the little one and two old friends. The truck was loaded down! The ride quality on and off the road was awesome! Other than that, great springs!!

Donahoe Coilovers
I give them a solid 10!

These are a dream come true!! The overall ride and feel are awesome now compaired to my old coil spacer lift! Before, driving at high speeds and hitting bumps it would sway back and forth.....Problem solved!

Overall, Deaver/Donahoe are a great team! Both allowed the rig to still get great flex both in the front and rear. I'm very happy with the outcome of the ride! A+

DSC01964.jpg

DSC01967.jpg

DSC01970.jpg

Note the new side protection on the rear bumper......More pictures coming soon!
DSC01992.jpg

DSC02019.jpg

DSC02020.jpg

Now time for the best picture of them all! Daddy teaching the little one how to drive! Shes a great little trooper!

DSC01959.jpg

7wt

Expedition Leader
That is one nice looking truck. I am about to get a set of the Deaver 8 leafs to fix my back end, your post got me all excited!

IggyB

Adventurer
Very nice.

Where do you carry the winch when it's not mounted front or rear? Is it in the bed or do you just slide it into one of the receivers and go?

I too have front and rear receivers and have a bracket in the bed to hold the winch cradle. That way my approach / departure angles are not compromised.

Willman

IggyB said:
Very nice.

Where do you carry the winch when it's not mounted front or rear? Is it in the bed or do you just slide it into one of the receivers and go?

I keep my winch in the rear of the bed strapped down against the cab. I Just carry it in the bed when i go and when a winching opp. comes...I will just leave it there afterwards.

;)

Willman

Ball-joint recall....

Well.....I started hearing some noise coming from my front end....Find out that my driverside lower ball-joint was shot. Called up Toyota to find that their was a recall on those joints from 01'-04'.....I guess my VIN # was not part of the recall...........:mad: Oh well......win some...you lose some......Got the new ball-joint yesterday ($74) and installed it too....The install takes about one hour...pretty easy to do. Toyota did say that i should save all my receipts just in-case they extend the recall to my VIN....

I did order some 1" Downey shackles to get my ride a little more height in the rear. I'm also going to raise up the Donahoes as well to make up for the rear. Then it is time for an alignment!!!

Time to hit the fresh power in the mountains!!!!

:smiley_drive:

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
Man the truck is looking sweet!!! Glad to here you are hapy witht he suspension. It is hard to go wrong with that set up.

Willman

New wheels!!!

Got some new Wheels....Picked them off Craigslist for a great deal. They came from Wheeler's Offroad i believe. Got black caps and lugs to match! Looks sweet! I'm thinking of painting my chrome grill a darker color and taking off all the badging around the truck.
The truck is coming along!

DSC02199.jpg

DSC02200.jpg

DSC02201.jpg

DSC02203.jpg

:jumping:

kcowyo

ExPo Original
Lookin' very good!

I like the black on red and it looks like someone's been "testing" the added rear quarter panel protection too! :truck:

Re debadging; I did it because the T100 had big badges (say it with me, "we don't need no....") and a huge banner on the tailgate. But now I'm thinking of adding some TuRD stickers. So maybe pull the Tacoma and V6 stuff off but leave the TuRD decals till last, (if you were planning on pulling them off too) to see how you like it.

The truck is looking really good!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior