Will this topper fit a 2013 Frontier??

stolenheron

Explorer
Does anyone know what make and model shell this is?

AND has anyone tried this on a 2013 frontier CC yet?

Nissan Frontier Camper Shell 2005/2013
00c0c_bVb0ad9tWEp_600x450.jpg

The back glass is apparently broken, and I would have to get it replaced, that being said, if the rear "spoiler" is the only thing that makes this NOT fit, I may be able to get the replacement glass made to clear and seal to the new style tailgate cap.

My truck is a 2013 CC Pro4x.

MisterTinkle

Adventurer
I am not a full expert on the subtle model changes on the Frontiers, but 2005 - 2013 (and possibly the 2014) Frontiers are all known as Gen2 Frontier. It definitely looks like the truck in the picture is a Gen2 Frontier, so that topper should fit fine on your 2013 CC.

stolenheron

Explorer
I am not a full expert on the subtle model changes on the Frontiers, but 2005 - 2013 (and possibly the 2014) Frontiers are all known as Gen2 Frontier. It definitely looks like the truck in the picture is a Gen2 Frontier, so that topper should fit fine on your 2013 CC.

well, i guess i should have clarified. I know the topper will fit the bed. however, I was asking more if the glass (when it is there) could clear the rear tailgate spoiler.

from the other research i have done, the topper will fit the bed perfectly, however when i get the rear glass replaced, I will be required to purchase a 2005-2012 tailgate cap to run original sized glass OR I can run the original 2013 tailgate spoiler if I can get custom glass cut to fit and seal it.

wvazq

That will definitely fit. You will want to remove the tailgate spoiler and get a regular tailgate cap. The tailgate spoiler comes off easily and you can sell it for more than a new tailgate cap will cost.

Last edited:

dirtysouth

Adventurer
I sent you a pm regarding the camper shell pictured. That was my shell that I recently sold to a guy on craigslist for $300. That price included the racks and broken rear glass. The replacement glass from the manufacturer (Jason) is $450. No glass guy locally would do the replacement because of the way it mounts, which is hinged that mount directly to the glass (no frame). You may can find someone to cut the glass for you cheaper, but I wanted to give you a heads up before you decided to go all in.

stolenheron

Explorer
I sent you a pm regarding the camper shell pictured. That was my shell that I recently sold to a guy on craigslist for $300. That price included the racks and broken rear glass. The replacement glass from the manufacturer (Jason) is $450. No glass guy locally would do the replacement because of the way it mounts, which is hinged that mount directly to the glass (no frame). You may can find someone to cut the glass for you cheaper, but I wanted to give you a heads up before you decided to go all in.

When did you sell it to him? please let me know ASAP. and you sold it to him with the broken glass correct?

stolenheron

Explorer
I contacted the seller, told him i am pissed about being lied to and that he will not be meeting me in atlanta on saturday. Thank you dirtysouth for the heads up. I honestly would have bought the thing if the guy didnt lie to me as to how the glass broke, when he bought it, and what he paid for it, but i do not want to do business with someone who is lying to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles