Will the G-wagen float....?

4x4abc

Adventurer
by the way, Karl has a good point:
go somewhere!
have a destination

driving the Rubicon ten times gets kinda old
even though late in the game, there are many lat/long confluences still unvisited/undocumented

I did one a few years back
took some planning
and then you drive/hike where few have been before

read some of the reports where people have been climbing over fences in Cuba to reach a confluence
climbing fences in Cuba could land you in jail for some time
could land you in a morgue too

but be quiet about your plans
I had mentioned to some guy while on the phone (I have never met him) that I had plans to visit the last remaining confluence in Baja
you guessed it - he went there a week before
fair play? not in this world!
what a bastard!

Canada G

Observer
I remember seeing in old german 'mercedes g gelaendewagen magazine' that there was a picture of a G with a construction with a air tub on each side. They removed the back door and installed an outboard motor in the back and there were navigating on the river. But it was sure not practical. The construction was very big so you were not able to put it on a trailer and you had to inflate those big airtubes and what you do with the back door?

4x4abc

Adventurer
Canada G,

that's the Volker Lapp construction.

It worked fabulously and he sold many.
Impractical? Probably
but there is always this engineer's dream to drive, fly, swim, dive, mountain climb with one machine.

zimm

Expedition Leader
Canada G,

that's the Volker Lapp construction.

It worked fabulously and he sold many.
Impractical? Probably
but there is always this engineer's dream to drive, fly, swim, dive, mountain climb with one machine.

gun it off the edge of the grand canyon and you may just achieve all that in 57 seconds.

his machine came close that day. mountain climbing in 737's hasnt ended well in practice though.

Attachments

• Sullenberger.jpg
    Sullenberger.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles