Will a JKU on 35s fit on a U-haul trailer ?

CrazyDrei

Space Monkey
its 82 inches wide

Stroked 550,

You are very good at reading the specs hidden on the Uhaul website. However unless you have a forklift to load and unload your vehicle onto a trailer that is 82" wide, the distance between the fenders on that same trailer remains 76" and anything wider will require driving over and damaging the fenders.

Cheers!

oldnslow

Observer
When I had to tow my broken CJ-5 to a shop a few years back, it fit on the trailer, but the tie-downs wouldn't even come close to fitting over the 31" tires. I had to run them over the axles, which was sub-optimal but worked good enough for the ~40 mile trip.

When you select a trailer on their website they will ask what you want to haul. Put in your info (tire size will not be included) and they will tell you if it fits. If it comes up "no" then you have your answer. If it is "yes" then you are OK for weight but still won't know about width.

Mclevin86

I drove cross country from NY to Ca. My JKU is on 35s with stock wheels and slight spacers. It did not fit on a Uhaul trailer. This was the bigger version. Maybe a different company has a bigger trailer?

Stroked 550

Adventurer
sadly the Uhaul trailer is ruled out .... I am going to either rent a car and drop off at my destination or take the train and drive my new rig back home

billiebob

sadly the Uhaul trailer is ruled out .... I am going to either rent a car and drop off at my destination or take the train and drive my new rig back home
I love trains.

Bernie came by to test ours, 6 blocks from home and I missed him....

141927894_1196402844110149_4963327056690363755_o.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz