Wildlife Photography

STREGA

Explorer
Can you imagine the traffic jam that guy would have caused on 64 between the entrance station and the visitors center?
Can you cool it down a bit for me? I’ll be up there to PSAR 4 days later next week

Actually that one was on 64 just south of the VC. Heard the monsoon is supposed to start next week, it gonna be a scorcher for the next few days.

jgaz

Adventurer
Later in the morning at Hermits Rest, feral horses a stallion, colt and the mare who was a little further down and behind a tree so didn’t get her in the pics.View attachment 671607View attachment 671608View attachment 671609
@STREGA. Great pictures. The road to Hermit in the morning is one of my favorite reasons for working that trail.

I worked the trails four days last week. I have a question though.
Does this lovely lady and her calf count as wildlife?
I counted as many as six cows around Albright and the rec center.
E2F93E3A-876C-4D65-B240-1AA75A54CD9E.jpeg

STREGA

Explorer
@STREGA. Great pictures. The road to Hermit in the morning is one of my favorite reasons for working that trail.

I worked the trails four days last week. I have a question though.
Does this lovely lady and her calf count as wildlife?
I counted as many as six cows around Albright and the rec center.
View attachment 671663
Only if they stay up all night partying. We had 27 behind our trailer last week 2 of them big bulls. I heard they ended up here because of a recent wildfire they all have tags on their ears. They put up a corral down by the sewer plant trying to catch them.

rgallant

Adventurer
I finally got a decent photo of a grizzly about 15 - 20 meters from my Disco wandered past our campsite of 14 rovers, decent sized if a bit thin.

Another club member felt he had to point out there was a bear, as I was not seeming to take adequate notice. I saw him just fine ,I just wanted a photo. Hard to get a good shot of grizzly they tend to bolt. This guy was totally unconcerned.

UdxjfsS.jpg

STREGA

Explorer
Been seeing this pair of wild horses for months out on Hermit Road but have never been able to get a picture of them before. They always run back into the trees when I approach them in my bus, this time I was on foot at Hermits Rest. The park visitors on my bus get more excited seeing the horses than cow elks.

96255CEA-FD60-4BFF-B5CC-8342D1BCA838.jpeg3F4FB94F-BDEC-4544-977F-7BB321B5846B.jpeg

jgaz

Adventurer
Been seeing this pair of wild horses for months out on Hermit Road but have never been able to get a picture of them before. They always run back into the trees when I approach them in my bus, this time I was on foot at Hermits Rest. The park visitors on my bus get more excited seeing the horses than cow elks.

View attachment 680408View attachment 680409
Great pictures!
I’ve seen the horses in the morning driving out to the Hermit Trailhead, but like you have never been able to get a picture.

jadmt

ignore button user
something I have rarely seen in Montana like in 62 years I have seen two and both in the last 2 weeks. This one was in my garage.
552C078F-6A46-4D3B-9EEB-FCE7C714C0C7.jpeg48FF3FE9-17B7-4B80-9903-A0F6A00347C6.jpeg

NOPEC

Just finished a 35 day paddling trip on the South Saskatchewan River in southern Alberta and central Saskatchewan. These autumn prairie trips are always great as the rivers fall right in the middle of the North American migratory bird flyway. We enjoyed an enormous variety of ducks, geese, gulls, cranes not to mention multitudes shore birds, Cormorants, etc. Sandhill Cranes and White pelicans remain my favourites. A single hard shell kayak in rock strewn, fairly shallow water is not an ideal platform for wildlife photography but here are a couple of shots of White pelicans. Other "wildlife" were billions of these Imported Willow Leaf Beetles (IWLB) a present from Europe to North America early in the last century. These things are quite freaky and are all along the banks of prairie rivers where there is an abundance of willow growing. They fly up in swarms and it takes a bit of hardening up to their presence when you first start encountering them. They are everywhere, on you, in and on your stuff, etc.
P1010119.JPGP1010016.JPG

P1010108.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles