Wildernest Restoration

Simplyjilly

Bulb seal and latches came in the mail. Just waiting on the 4 hinges to come and then I'll do all 3 at once.
Bulb seal was a hige PITA. Inside of the seal is metal and you have to put cut outs around the hinges. Also had to use a rubber mallet to seat the bead of the seal as I couldn't get the seal on.

View attachment 728825View attachment 728827View attachment 728828View attachment 728829View attachment 728830
Hey ther RTW, just starting similar rehab. Did you order your new bulb seal from uni-grip, if so, do you by any chance have an item # for that seal? Thanks! Jill

rtwBound

Any update on this project? I'm starting my refurb, just ordered all new stainless steel fasteners/hardware.

I sold it. Hinges didn't line up. Self tapping screws werent holding. Saw a post from one of the new owners on reddit and seams like he's got the screws drilled out and hinges fixed.

TyTyCascadia

Hey ther RTW, just starting similar rehab. Did you order your new bulb seal from uni-grip, if so, do you by any chance have an item # for that seal? Thanks! Jill
Did you replace your bulb seal? I recently replaced the bulb seal on my Wildernest. I tried one off of Amazon that had been recommended on the Wildernest FB group and the bulb wasn't big enough, so returned it and found the correct size from McMaster-Carr and ordered 23 feet. $4.44 per foot Came out to $120 with shipping: https://www.mcmaster.com/1120A451/
Item Name: Water- and Weather-Resistant Rubber Push-on Seal with Bulb on Side, Hollow, for 1/16" Edge, 1" High.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94