Wildernest Camper for Mid-Size Pickup

SLO_F-250

Explorer
Not sure of the year, but its in great shape. No tears/rips in canvas. Opens and closes easily, etc. $1200 obo

Camper is located in Paso Robles, CA. Pickup Only.

Thanks guys!

2011-07-21_19-16-47_837.jpg

2011-07-21_19-17-07_451.jpg

2011-07-21_19-16-30_299.jpg

2012-01-03_12-53-23_5.jpg

SLO_F-250

Explorer
what are the dimensions? how is the condition of the fiberglass?

Its about 76"x61" The fiberglass is in good condition. I buffed it and waxed the exterior a few months ago. There is show of age, but not bad. The interior corners show some wear and a little discoloration. Ill try to take some more picts today. The mechanics of it work great. Hinges are good. Roof is good and there are no leaks. Canvas and screens/windows are good with no tears. Its a very good little camper. I bought it for my parents about a year ago. Gave it some TLC and they had a good time. Just time for them to up-size a bit. :smiley_drive:

SLO_F-250

Explorer
Here are some more pictures. Sorry for the quality, it was night and I only had my cell camera.

2012-01-22_20-11-42_930.jpg

2012-01-22_20-10-42_262.jpg

2012-01-22_20-11-01_282.jpg

Like I said, its not perfect, but no major problems and water tight. Usable the day you pick it up.
Thanks!

austintaco

Explorer
SLO can chime in, but IIRC, the torsion bar or hinge actually supports all of the weight. Poles are used to stabilize it from bouncing around in the wind.
Compared to many of the wildernests that are for sale out there, this one seems to be in great shape.

SLO_F-250

Explorer
What holds up the fold out portion?

Black, There are actually 2 cable's that go from the edge of the cantilevered bed, follow the tent line up to the pole on each end, then follow the other side of the tent and attach to the other side of the camper. Basically a tension cable. Being a structural engineer I wondered the same thing, but when I was looking at it to buy it originally and saw how it was setup, it is very strong. I was impressed with the design. The camper is a cool little camper. My parents used it for about a year but are now ready to upgrade to a little trailer.

SLO_F-250

Explorer
:jump: Bump....

Anyone? This thing is in good condition. Clean and ready to camp in upon pickup. $1000??

fishngy

Would love to own your camper! I will talk with my wife about it this evening. I have a feeling I know the answer, but worth a try! I am sure it will fit my 02 tacoma. Live in the Sacramento area. Thanks, Bill

SLO_F-250

Explorer
Would love to own your camper! I will talk with my wife about it this evening. I have a feeling I know the answer, but worth a try! I am sure it will fit my 02 tacoma. Live in the Sacramento area. Thanks, Bill

Hey Bill, This might help convince your wife a bit, but I'll be up in San Jose this weekend. Cuts the drive in 1/2 to pick it up if you are interested. Shoot me a PM.
Paul

SLO_F-250

Explorer
:jump: Giving this bad boy a bump. Seems everyone off of CL just wants to look at it cause they don't know what it is.

Anyone interested. Its ready to camp in the day you pick it up. No major repairs needed.

Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior