Wildcat run: Smiley Rock, Jerome, AZ (11/19) - Report

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
We had a fantastic day today. Scott, thanks so much for the killer breakfast! It definitely stuck to my ribs well past the lunch hour :chowtime:

It was really fun for me to ride along for the run today instead of driving. I got to see this trail from a whole new perspective, going down-canyon, and mostly all on foot. It was fun being able to snap as many pics as I wanted and not worry about driving ;) It was a pleasure to meet Scott's long time friend from Alaska, Mike. Hey Mike, have a safe journey home! And it was fun to see the Ambassador of the Sonoran Desert and his lovely wife, the SUPER COOL chick! :luxhello:

Scott Brady

Founder
Great time!

Here are a few top secret pics... Post'em up Chris and Mark...

I had a great time, with great friends. I also spent a lot of time walking or riding passenger, as Mark drove most of the trail in my Tacoma. Mike drove my Jeep, and was able to show-off his 15+ years of technical driving experience.

Brooke (AKA Super Cool) drove their TJ through all of the technical sections without issue.

smiley_rock.JPG

smiley_rock1.JPG

smiley_rock2.JPG

smiley_rock4.JPG

articulate

Expedition Leader
expeditionswest said:

Way cool! As John Denver once sang, "You know he'd be a poor man if he never saw an eagle fly."

That's no eagle, but after a cool day like that with several cool people I feel the same amount of abundance that Denver sings about. What a cool day.:jumping:

You guys were fantastic spotting Brooke down those hairy sections. And THANKS for allowing me behind the wheel of the Tacoma. Left-foot braking is an aquired skill that is not easy to "fake" when in the thick of some obstacles. Scott, you're extraordinarily forgiving.

OH! We enjoyed the little tour-de-Prescott and Chris showed us where he and his wife got hitched out on the lake. I can hear all the ladies swooning now.

And Mike is living THE LIFE, if you ask me.

We had a blast. I'm getting the slides back today, and I'll post up anything worthy.

Later,
Mark :luxhello:

Alaska Mike

ExPo Moderator/Eye Candy
I just got back to the great (mostly) white north today, and I must say I enjoyed the trip down to Arizona quite a bit. It was a great group to be on the trail with, and Brooke did a great job of piloting the TJ.

Now I have to get my CJ-5 out of storage and get it ready for next summer.
-Mike

Alaska Mike

ExPo Moderator/Eye Candy
I made it, but I wasn't in all that great of shape when I got there. At least I had the night to recover before I got on a plane. We'll have to do this again sometime... that is, when I've forgotten about the drive.

kcowyo

ExPo Original
Looks like a fun trail.

I was hoping Mark (articulate) Stephens would have made the ExPo Rally. From his website, he seems like the kind of guy I could visit with for hours. I'm a big fan of his writing and enthusiasm for the Sonoran Desert. Heck, I even stole a quote from his Devil Canyon write up for my sig line on 4wdtrips.

Thanks guys, for sharing pictures!

articulate

Expedition Leader
kcowyo said:
Looks like a fun trail.

I was hoping Mark (articulate) Stephens would have made the ExPo Rally. From his website, he seems like the kind of guy I could visit with for hours. I'm a big fan of his writing and enthusiasm for the Sonoran Desert. Heck, I even stole a quote from his Devil Canyon write up for my sig line on 4wdtrips.

Thanks guys, for sharing pictures!
:eek: :eek: :eek:

I had no idea any one actually read my web-babble until I started getting some hits from a Toyota user forum where a wonderfully blessed soul labeled me the Ambassador of The Sonoran Desert. Sound familiar???? :luxhello:

I'm going to have to hire an editor to help get rid of the junk that reedz lyke this here and is punkchew-ated; like--- this//. Now I'm all embarrassed.

Damn, dog. You rule. In seriousness, I was bummed that I had other obligations during the Rally. I would have enjoyed the competition, as well as meeting other freaks like yourself.

We'll have to meet up at some point.

Later,
Mark

kcowyo

ExPo Original
articulate said:
I'm going to have to hire an editor to help get rid of the junk that reedz lyke this here and is punkchew-ated; like--- this//. Now I'm all embarrassed.
Well, uduritgud.... :beer:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles