Wife needs indoor accommodations....what is worth buying?

gggplaya

Might check out the Boreas XT12 that will be coming out this Fall. 3,500 pounds dry, cruise master suspension, Garmin Fusion 1 control panel, optional A/C, optional air suspension with onboard air, 6'6 tall inside when up, 8 feet tall when down, no wood construction, fiberglass panels instead of aluminum, inside wet bath with fixed cassette toilet, 50 gallons of fresh water, 25 gallons grey. Outside kitchen and will sleep 4-5. Inside and outside shower. Built in Colorado.

Link: https://boreascampers.com/campers/xt12-camper-trailer/

Email me with questions!

adam@boreascampers.com

How tall is the total exterior when down(includes the fan and A/C)? Does it have A/C? I have an 8x8 garage door. I can put on smaller tires and wheels just to store it in my garage if necessary.

Pnwfullsize

How tall is the total exterior when down(includes the fan and A/C)? Does it have A/C? I have an 8x8 garage door. I can put on smaller tires and wheels just to store it in my garage if necessary.

I asked via email and was told it will be 8' tall, 19' long and 86" wide. Im not sure if that height is exact, or if it could be more with the fan. Either way it was too long for my garage.

calicamper

Expedition Leader
I asked via email and was told it will be 8' tall, 19' long and 86" wide. Im not sure if that height is exact, or if it could be more with the fan. Either way it was too long for my garage.
I looked at the site details it was pretty thin. The Mantis is 6”9’ top down height, 19ft exactly hitch to rear step tread edge. 7ft 6in wide. The xt12 is pretty close but taller hard sides? Or maybe higher ground clearance? I was just using the Mantis as a benchmark given its absolute max I can fit in my garage.

Pnwfullsize

I looked at the site details it was pretty thin. The Mantis is 6”9’ top down height, 19ft exactly hitch to rear step tread edge. 7ft 6in wide. The xt12 is pretty close but taller hard sides? Or maybe higher ground clearance? I was just using the Mantis as a benchmark given its absolute max I can fit in my garage.

I am betting a lot of it comes from ground clearance

Boreas Campers

Supporting Sponsor / Approved Vendor
Thanks for the question. The unit will have optional A/C. Without the A/C it is going to be 8' tall. The A/C will add 7" to the overall height.

Please let me know if you have additional questions.

Thanks!

D

Deleted member 9101

Yep, see that all the time. I tend to load my box up with firewood and coolers. My payload now is 1,800 so I'm good with my 5,000 lb (wet) trailer.

Buuut..... i'd like to get a boat rack and take an aluminum fishing boat with us too.... lol... So, thinking IF that ever happens, 3/4 would be the way I'd want to go.

Kinda like this set up.
View attachment 597537
I win!
FB_IMG_1595425642537.jpg

MDC USA

Have you looked at our units? We have a new unit like our XT15 Hybrid that have the big Queen bed for mom and dad and a set of full bunks for Jr and the dog.
Depending on your garage size it may even still fit inside?

Yes our units are manufactured off shore but the difference is we have our AU staff on site at the factories for constant QC checks and our factories only produce for us so there is no compromise on quality.
Our final assembly is done in SoCal.

jmnielsen

Tinkerer
Have you looked at our units? We have a new unit like our XT15 Hybrid that have the big Queen bed for mom and dad and a set of full bunks for Jr and the dog.
Depending on your garage size it may even still fit inside?

Yes our units are manufactured off shore but the difference is we have our AU staff on site at the factories for constant QC checks and our factories only produce for us so there is no compromise on quality.
Our final assembly is done in SoCal.

Do you have pricing info available for your units?

MDC USA

As the manufacturer I can quote you MSRP only, one of our dealers can help you out with actual pricing.
DM me an email and I'll send you some details on the unit.

calicamper

Expedition Leader
Do you have pricing info available for your units?
Opus 15 I think is what he is talking about.
They are taller than most garages. I recall they are 8ft 8-9 inches tall. You might get a 10 inch drop if you take tires off and set the swing arms on rollers. I’m stuck at 7ft max garage header height.

Prices are silly $40,000+. I’ve scratched them off the list. A 30ft Airstream can be had in the 40ish price range. Granted it doesn’t have off road ability but you get interior cooking ability.

I’m waiting for the COVID crash and will look for a slightly used 2020 Mantis on a fire sale. 6ft 9 height new they run $36-32k new for those that play hard ball on negotiation.

MDC USA

I am for sure not talking about the Opus 15.

Our pricing is based around the quality and ability of our units so yes they are a but more than US made "Stick and Tin" units.

Airstream units are nice is you want to stay on road but like our units they charge for the quality you receive.

Cooking inside a camper like ours is a nice option but honestly do you want your camper smelling like last nights dinner? Most of the time my personal inside cook tops are better relegated to coffee and tea making.
Our outside kitchens exist for just that concern. Having all the kitchen amenities outside allow you to avoid smells and enjoy the outdoors while you're cooking.

Our new design comes in at just a tick under 8ft closed but I guess of off season storage you could swap to a smaller wheel and tire to get the clearance you need?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles