Wife and I did a thing...

jd1zzle

Finally drove to Minnesota and picked up our new Escapade Backcountry!
02126be44ec9aaac5d1fd9ab9d2f6db9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mbadgett

Nice looking! My wife and I are in the market. I liked the Hiker Trailer; however, they are on a 1 year wait at present. I like the InTech Pursue and the Backcountry. After having it a few months what are your thoughts? Would you purchase it again?

kwill

Observer
I'm interested in hearing more too. Weight, towing experiences, what you like/don't like, etc.

jd1zzle

Hey guys! So after having it for a while, I’d have to say we love it! The one big thing I love about it is the timbren suspension. We live in Colorado and there are no shortage of rough off road trails, and the suspension eats it all up. I would have to say, don’t go without the front storage box. It gives you a lot more storage, and it’s a great secure spot for a dual battery setup. I’m not sure on the total weight, but as a reference I pull it with the V6 Frontier Pro-4X and I can go over mountain passes with ease. The best part of this type of floor plan is the galley does not encroach on the cabin which was a must with a big dog. We’ve used it a couple of times in the cold and haven’t needed a heater yet, it warms up pretty well with two of us and a big dog. As far as dislikes....for me the basic mattress is very uncomfortable, but can easily be changed. They don’t have an electrician on staff, so the 120v outlets are separate in the galley and the front where the charger is, so you have to use two extension cords if you are plugged in somewhere. It should be an easy fix if you are handy enough. We do with the galley had a couple more drawers but it’s a bit limited because of the shape of the door. The last thing is we wish it had was some exterior lighting, which also can be easily done yourself. I think at this price point the best part is customizing it to your needs.

Last edited:

ratled

Adventurer
Nice looking! My wife and I are in the market. I liked the Hiker Trailer; however, they are on a 1 year wait at present. I like the InTech Pursue and the Backcountry. After having it a few months what are your thoughts? Would you purchase it again?
Leaddog sells/makes Hikers too ( they do they frames for Hiker extremes) and usually has a shorter build date
LD motor sports

Timbren

Supporting Sponsor
Hey guys! So after having it for a while, I’d have to say we love it! The one big thing I love about it is the timbren suspension. We live in Colorado and there are no shortage of rough off road trails, and the suspension eats it all up. I would have to say, don’t go without the front storage box. It gives you a lot more storage, and it’s a great secure spot for a dual battery setup. I’m not sure on the total weight, but as a reference I pull it with the V6 Frontier Pro-4X and I can go over mountain passes with ease. The best part of this type of floor plan is the galley does not encroach on the cabin which was a must with a big dog. We’ve used it a couple of times in the cold and haven’t needed a heater yet, it warms up pretty well with two of us and a big dog. As far as dislikes....for me the basic mattress is very uncomfortable, but can easily be changed. They don’t have an electrician on staff, so the 120v outlets are separate in the galley and the front where the charger is, so you have to use two extension cords if you are plugged in somewhere. It should be an easy fix if you are handy enough. We do with the galley had a couple more drawers but it’s a bit limited because of the shape of the door. The last thing is we wish it had was some exterior lighting, which also can be easily done yourself. I think at this price point the best part is customizing it to your needs.

We love to hear you're enjoying your Axle-Less!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94