Why we purchased a GXV Turtle

dfs9

We took delivery of our GXV Turtle December 4th 2018. This is a YouTube link to my YouTube channel “XV Overlanding”.
In this video I explain why we got rid of out Roadtrek Etrek and bought a GXV Turtle. In the next week or so I will have a video up on this channel of a tour of our Turtle. If you do go the “XV Overlanding” and watch the videos, if you would, please hit the Subscribe button. The best way to Subscribe, as the video opens in a window, is to click on the word YouTube, this will take you to the main YouTube site with the video then you can click the Subscribe button. This will help support the Channel. Thanks.

Last edited:

no_whereman

We took delivery of our GXV Turtle December 4th 2018. This is a YouTube link to my YouTube channel “XV Overlanding”.
In this video I explain why we got rid of out Roadtrek Etrek and bought a GXV Turtle. In the next week or so I will have a video up on this channel of a tour of our Turtle. If you do go the “XV Overlanding” and watch the videos, if you would, please hit the Subscribe button. The best way to Subscribe, as the video opens in a window, is to click on the word YouTube, this will take you to the main YouTube site with the video then you can click the Subscribe button. This will help support the Channel. Thanks.
Thank you for a very detailed and excellent explanation of your selection process. Just curious, was the GXV UXV model considered and if so which factors eliminated it from selection.
Hope you enjoy many wonderful miles and experience in your wonderful rig!

gregmchugh

Observer
I will let dfs9 respond with his assessment but when we were looking for an expedition truck at GXV we were planning to get a UXV model and went there to look at one that had just been completed but not delivered. Comparing it to a Turtle like this one will see two major differences, size and price. The UXV is going to be much larger and cost much more. Comparing the Turtle and the Adventure Truck line would be comparing similar sizes and similar price ranges. In the end, we saw the first Kenworth Patagonia which was being completed when we went there and made a switch from the UXV to that model since it was more to our liking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles