Why so few GM Builds?

Cortttt

Unless you get a 2500 with the L96 6.0L. No AFM, and a drivetrain/platform designed to survive 200k+ for 2500hd truck fleet use.

Only issue with GMT900 2500 series SUVs is finding one in good condition for a decent price. Last production year was 2013, and they're highly sought after, with very few people selling due to lack of equivalent replacements on the market. Blue book value almost doesn't apply...
Van doesn't have AFM.

NevadaLover

Forking Icehole
My 2010 has 200K rough miles on it. no death wobble; of course I upgraded the shocks, no problems with sway...With good tires its been all over the west. Sincerely beg to disagree.
The troll you replied to hasn't been active here for quite some time, his whole world revolved around his hatred of GM and Toyota, don't take his garbage seriously!

ThundahBeagle

-
-
-
I love my Tahoe! :D
-
-
-

31191802251_810ce5c0ed_b.jpg

29472473431_cefa1c5f57_b.jpg

29533378052_c089046547_b.jpg

29263259970_64e098e827_b.jpg

31191802271_3b17e6d23a_c.jpg

-
-
-

40 gallon fuel tank + diesel power + comfy interior = long distance driving comfort with minimal fuel stops, whereas my former Jeep TJ would have to stop for fuel 3 times as much, and was not very comfy for driving long distances.
-

Casey

To me this is the perfect vehicle. I have had two of these, but a '93 and a '94 back when they were still called Blazer.

Wish I still had them. If I knew then what I know now I would have put the money and time into them. My all time favorite.

Went from that to a 99 Grand Cherokee. It was good for a while but now I'm in a 2014 GMC Sierra double cab. Love it, but still pining for one of these.

A GMT800 4 door Tahoe would be OK, too

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
To me this is the perfect vehicle. I have had two of these, but a '93 and a '94 back when they were still called Blazer.

Wish I still had them. If I knew then what I know now I would have put the money and time into them. My all time favorite.

Went from that to a 99 Grand Cherokee. It was good for a while but now I'm in a 2014 GMC Sierra double cab. Love it, but still pining for one of these.

A GMT800 4 door Tahoe would be OK, too
I remember when the new generation of Blazer and then Tahoe came out. I'm 6'4" and my wife is 5'10" We were in agreement that it was the most comfortable vehicle we'd ever sat in. Unfortunately we bought a 2000 Trooper which was great off highway but ate gas,had lousy handling and less than stellar brakes on the street. It got hit from behind by a guy and sustained $13,500 in damage including frame damage. AAA insisted on fixing it. Needless to say it was never the same. I have an '07 Ram for the dirt and a 2005 Honda Pilot for city now. I still look at Craigslist at the Tahoe's but figure they're all old now and riddled with normal wear item issues. The new block of wood styling doesn't work for me. All of you that own one,enjoy.

dbhost

Rattle I'm building an F150 because it's what I have. If I did not have this truck I would go I would go and dig up a Chevy 2500 probably 2002 2006 vintage. They are cheap and plentiful. I personally have no interest in camping out of the back of an SUV.

Highlander

The Strong, Silent Type
The new GM 6.6 V8 is getting an Allison transmission.
The front looks way way better. And overly it is a handsome truck. The GMC looks better than the Chevy.

What is is the difference between the GM 6.6 V8 and Ford 7.3 V8? structurally speaking.

Found an older video about the 6.6 V8

GM fans, we've got some new products out there for those interested in building rigs!
Roof Racks and bumpers for most models of GM Trucks and SUVs from 1973 and up. Even the Chevy Avalanche and the very hard to outftit 07-14 Yukon.
Just added bumpers for the 2015-2020 Yukon/ Tahoe/ Suburban.
2015-2020 GMC Yukon XL Front Winch Bumper iso.jpg2015-2020 Chevy Tahoe Octane Front Winch Bumper Chassis Unlimited Baseline Overland iso.jpgBaseline Overland 2015-2020 Tahoe Roof Rack Protoype (6).JPG
Baseline Overland Avalanche Roof Rack Winch Bumper (1).jpg
Square Body Suburban Roof Rack KC Hilites 1973 - 1991 Baseline Overland Hodson Motors Banner 3.jpg

baselineoverland.com

Last edited:

Explorerinil

Observer
The new GM 6.6 V8 is getting an Allison transmission.
The front looks way way better. And overly it is a handsome truck. The GMC looks better than the Chevy.

What is is the difference between the GM 6.6 V8 and Ford 7.3 V8? structurally speaking.

Found an older video about the 6.6 V8

Gm built and branded as Allison.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles