Why not a Hummer?

twodollars

The commercial h1 wagons have enough room to live and sleep in. My wife and I spent plenty of nights camping out of them. To me that's the only configuration that's really useful. The soft tops are awesome, but as useful as a tj. At least to me.

Expendable

I've had my 95 AM General Hummer for nearly 10 years. 6.5NA and 4L80e. She's not fast, doesn't stop the greatest but she is fun as can be. I love that I only have one computer in my truck and that is the trans controller.

For those complaining about leg room in a Humvee, that is because of the B Pillar behind the front seats. This limits the front seats from being adjusted back and or reclined back. Only the 92 and 93 Hummers had them. they were removed for better leg room at the cost of rigidity, safety (mostly side impact and a bit for rollover.), etc. my 95 doesn't have these pillars but I plan to do something similar. But, I plan to make it more like a race cage in that it will be higher and go from side to side rather than just b pillar to body tub. This will allow me to upgrade to 5 point harness (won't use all the straps all the time) and get back some of the rigidity, protection back.

HUMMER/Expeditions

Humvee
Almost 300.000 miles of joy and fun,

Absolutely a beast off road, on stock form.
BTM locks all diffs making it 100% 4x4

very loud on the road, ear protection is a must on long drives.
gets hot inside ( easy to fix problems with few hundred bucks if investment to sound proof and thermo proof the truck )

I have Toyota Camry seats, nice and comfy

Mine has 4speed transmission. 70plus MPH at 2500 RPM

parts >>> are dirt cheap to find and everywhere.

Truck gets thumbs up at every turn from 5 year old to 99 year olds.
average 7 times a month I get asked if I would want to sell it, NO WAY.?

Load capacity >>. is a lot, roof rack is wide enough for sleeping up there summer days.

Visibility is excellent, belt line seating position.

brakes. >> can stop on a dime ( older hummer / Humvee without stupid TT4 )

It’s a slow truck, typical 80s 90s truck slow.

all hummerand Humvees are 11 to 13 MPG trucks regardless how you drive, and where you drive.

Humvees came in multiple load capacity configurations and that means harsher or softer ride based on its given spring rate.
( my Humvee is 1985 was a troop carrier )

H1 hummers came with 3 different spring loads.

All older hummers and Humvees are very comfortable going through deep waters

Older Hummers 1995 and bellow and all Humvees are multi fuel, EMP proof

if you ever want a hummer for expedition and you don’t mind it being slow, get 1995 and below.
no electronic BS. Reliable fun vehicles.

746DF02B-1F10-4DFF-968C-E7F7ABDC29F1.jpegF000180B-42D0-4E88-B45E-43474B848C09.jpegEF7EEC46-C5A5-4FF2-BCED-674AD5E7E788.jpeg

Last edited:

phsycle

Adventurer
I saw one last week on a trail I didn’t know they could fit through. Pretty cool seeing them out in the middle of nowhere.

1647882086570.jpeg

Also saw one of these too.
1647882126716.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior