Why no backward flip pac?

I have wondered the same thing, but I'd probably agree with the minimal "footprint" ideas above. A built in canopy would certainly be nice added benefit for sure. The WilderNest opens sideways, accomplishing the canopy idea. After having a FlipPac for a bit I think the small footprint is a good thing overall. That being said adding a rear canopy is expensive ($630 from Australia for a 60"/1.5 meter version I can find) and adding one to the side has it's challenges (mounting wise).

I do want canopy area and am going to be putting my thinking cap on here on this issue. I already have two THULE Pro 326 crank out awnings (no longer available) and would like to make use of them... but mounting is a challenge...

GCecchetto

Adventurer
I would agree with the footprint comments above. I think it may also have to with the fact that if you ever forgot to latch it and jumped on the freeway, you would tear the whole roof off when the wind caught it.

dman93

Adventurer
I would agree with the footprint comments above. I think it may also have to with the fact that if you ever forgot to latch it and jumped on the freeway, you would tear the whole roof off when the wind caught it.
On the other hand that's an easy way to open it when the torsion bar fails :)

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
My vote goes for back flip :) We did this with our RTT. It's a total game changer. You got a good size shelter from the elements.

Attachments

• arbtent.JPG
    arbtent.JPG
    166.3 KB · Views: 20

wanderer-rrorc

Explorer
On the other hand that's an easy way to open it when the torsion bar fails :)

I am WAY too paranoid about that!! LOL.. Ever have a hood come open on you? thats fun!

I would double latch each side and safety clip her..cus Murphy aint got nothin on some of my luck!! LOL

wanderer-rrorc

Explorer
2in wide piano hinge..check (6ft long)
40ft 2in x 2in x 1/8 square tubing...ordered
20ft 2in x 2in x 1/8 angle....ordered

off to home depot for marine grade plywood,screws and rope tonight.

then to joanne fabrics to look see what they got in what colors I like...

Glad I learned to use a sewing machine 30yrs ago and still have that same machine to this day..

Building a utility cap for my buisness that has a flip tent on top will keep me outta trouble this winter.

should be fun!

ET1251

Adventure Trailers is now working on a Flippac prototype that flips out towards the rear, similar to the Habitat. They expect it'll cost around $6-7000.

leelikesbikes

Adventurer
side

i really liked the side flip on my wildernest, i would build one like that. i like dispursed camping so worrying about it encroaching on someone elses space was never an issue for me. i like the square tent shape of a side flip vs the long narrow tent of a front or rear flip, just feels more spacious imo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke