Why I'm not allowed to browse local auction sites anymore (I bought a shuttle bus)

Choff

Adventurer
I would blank out the bottom half windows in the areas you want (studs and insulation ) and leave the top sliders operational for venting.

dlh62c

Explorer
Sounds like a fun project. Anything is possible if you can source insurance on it. Not that its impossible, just problematic.

hyperboarder

Adventurer
It's insured. Personal use commercial vehicle policy. I will be toeing the line of an RV conversion, need to keep the plumbing and commode from being considered "permanent" to avoid a trickier policy. I think I can do it.

hyperboarder

Adventurer
Batteries appear to be deadsville. I'll hopefully confirm this week, though my charger is telling me they have internal shorts. Anyone have good, cheap group 65 recommendations?

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
Only word of advice.... Don't go cheap on batteries for a 7.3

I run car-quest batteries in all of my vehicles.
Their house label are East-Penn batteries.

shenrie

^^^ hates cars
Only word of advice.... Don't go cheap on batteries for a 7.3

I run car-quest batteries in all of my vehicles.
Their house label are East-Penn batteries.

that seems contradicting... in my experience car-quest and good generally dont go together. mind if i ask what they cost you and what kind of life you get out of them with the 7.3? i bought interstate since thats what the van came with simply because they honor warranties and will pro rate no matter how many owners they have had. that said, im not impressed with the life i got outta my last 2 interstate group 65's :(

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
that seems contradicting... in my experience car-quest and good generally dont go together. mind if i ask what they cost you and what kind of life you get out of them with the 7.3? i bought interstate since thats what the van came with simply because they honor warranties and will pro rate no matter how many owners they have had. that said, im not impressed with the life i got outta my last 2 interstate group 65's :(

I'm currently on year 5 with my car-quest east-penn batteries in my '96 7.3 pickup

Not too bad considering the real winters we get, and just how hard a 7.3 is on batteries.

And not sure what your issue with car-quest is. As far as parts go, they pretty much pull from the same suppliers as every other parts house.

Perhaps it's service? My local car-quest is miles better than either the autozone, oreillys, or napa.

They even price match for me to rockauto on most items.

shenrie

^^^ hates cars
^^^ that's longer than the run I got out of the first pair of interstates I purchased.

and no...service was not an issue, lol. I actually married the parts girl we had :D this was 10 + years ago so maybe im just remembering all the failed electronics we dealt with. will look into these batteries next go round. appreciate the feedback.

jeff, id get as much cca as you can afford. he doesn't lie, the 7.3's eat up batteries. we don't have real winters here, but we have real inversions where it can be below 0 for weeks on end. id also make sure its got a block heater if for some reason it doesn't.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior