Why I like all trucks

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
I like all trucks, all trucks are great. Domestic fullsizes are my favorite. I said nice things about them in my last thread and it was axed without explanantion by someone who didnt name themselves.

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
It was me who axed it. This topics always seem to degenerate and I really do not have the time to start babysitting. There seems to be a pattern of 3-4 individuals who somehow always managed to get involved in any hot topics these days.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
It was me who axed it. This topics always seem to degenerate and I really do not have the time to start babysitting. There seems to be a pattern of 3-4 individuals who somehow always managed to get involved in any hot topics these days.

Can those individuals not be reprimanded independently then instead? Must everyone else suffer and all relevant topics get squashed because a specific few can't handle a certain make/model being bad mouthed or scrutinized?

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
Can those individuals not be reprimanded independently then instead? Must everyone else suffer and all relevant topics get squashed because a specific few can't handle a certain make/model being bad mouthed or scrutinized?
Tex if you had to pick one since you have two nice ones for a while now which would it be?

NevadaLover

Forking Icehole

Or enforce the rule about brand bashing when a specific few take EVERY opportunity to bash the same brand! Same old crap different threads!

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Or enforce the rule about brand bashing when a specific few take EVERY opportunity to bash the same brand! Same old crap different threads!

And enter right on cue one of the previously mentioned parties. I mentioned a dislike for GM in two different threads and all of the sudden this has morphed into "EVERY opportunity" I mean come on man. You seriously need to take a step back from the key board, take a deep breath, and realize that there's more to life than this forum buddy. Stop beating this dead horse, it's beyond pathetic. This is why we can't have nice things.

Again, back to the topic at hand.

Last edited:

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Ram and Ford. Didnt know you had a Toyota.

That's a tough call in all honesty especially since one is a diesel and the other is a gasser. They both have their pros and cons but from my experience I would put the Ford just a touch ahead of the Ram in regards to build quality and attention to detail. This is really more in regards to the materials and build construction, I have no idea how the Ram will hold up in time so I can't say in that regard. I like the ride of the Ram over the Ford, there's no comparison there, but the Ford has better brakes, a smoother transmission, and infinitely better headlights.

If I were to pick one based off of an economic scale the Ram wins hands down (they are cheaper), it would also be my choice if I were going to build it for a specific off-road/overland/camp/hunt role and use (Tradesman Power Wagon more specifically). That said, if I could only have one truck for the next decade I'd be hard pressed to not pick the Ford. This is purely based off of my track record with the ones I've owned and the Ford trim levels and interior appointments. If I had ever owned a Ram 2500/3500 Limited this might not be such an easy choice but that's not the case.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
What kind of mpg with the Ram? Seems I am getting 15mpg with my Ford on 35s with 3.55 gears.

The Ram sees 11-12mpg when towing, the worst I've seen was 10.1mpg pulling a 7000lb (in total) trailer with two RZR's on it. Around town it averages 12-13mpg's in stop and go traffic/light's with speeds averaging 30-35mph. On the highway there's a major difference in milage depending on how fast you are going. If you do 55-65mph it'll pull 15-17.5mpg's but if you go north of 65mph it drops significantly. At 70-75mph it sits around 13.5-14mpg's and sometimes it'll touch 15mpg. I rarely ever see the Eco mode come on at those speeds so it's not helping with those numbers in any way. Keep in mind that the Ram has the 6.4L Hemi with 4.10's and 37x13.50's and weighs north of 7000lbs.

In reality the truck truly needs 4.56's or 4.88's for those 37's, but it gets by decently well with the stock gearing. I am not sure I would see much of an improvement in fuel economy with the gear change, but who knows.

Buddha.

Finally in expo white.
The Ram sees 11-12mpg when towing, the worst I've seen was 10.1mpg pulling a 7000lb (in total) trailer with two RZR's on it. Around town it averages 12-13mpg's in stop and go traffic/light's with speeds averaging 30-35mph. On the highway there's a major difference in milage depending on how fast you are going. If you do 55-65mph it'll pull 15-17.5mpg's but if you go north of 65mph it drops significantly. At 70-75mph it sits around 13.5-14mpg's and sometimes it'll touch 15mpg. I rarely ever see the Eco mode come on at those speeds so it's not helping with those numbers in any way. Keep in mind that the Ram has the 6.4L Hemi with 4.10's and 37x13.50's and weighs north of 7000lbs.

In reality the truck truly needs 4.56's or 4.88's for those 37's, but it gets by decently well with the stock gearing. I am not sure I would see much of an improvement in fuel economy with the gear change, but who knows.

Eco mode, is that cylinder deactivation? With the chevys the HD trucks don't get that feature.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Eco mode, is that cylinder deactivation? With the chevys the HD trucks don't get that feature.

Yea, that's exactly what that is. You can usually hear it and feel it when it activates. You can override it by driving in Tow/Haul mode and manually shifting to 6th, but I have yet to try it myself. I imagine it would activate at highway speeds if I were running 35's or smaller. I am not really much of a fan of the system to be honest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz