Why disposable kitchen ware?

Roger M.

Adventurer
Self sufficiency is a hallmark of overlanding and expeditions, and it doesn't seem to speak to using disposable paper and plastic products, which by their very nature will "run out" at some point, causing somewhat of a mess in the process.

Personally, I don't see any room for disposable food related products in this hobby ... be it overlanding or straight up "camping", metal and synthetic cooking and dining goods, along with very efficient cleaning processes take the day.

Alloy

I started to read this and thought are things that mixed up or is it a trick question?

How can someone that makes plastic boxes in a county with few enviro regs then ships the boxes around the world be concerned about people using plastic utensils and paper plates?

Last edited:

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
I started to read this and though are things that mixed up or is it a trick question?

How can someone that makes plastic boxes in a county with few enviro regs then ships the boxes around the world be concerned about people using plastic utensils and paper plates?
I see your point. But, Canada has banned many single use plastics already.

Stupid cardboard straws, grocery stores require you to bring your own reusable bag now etc...

Funny enough stores still sell garbage bags and recycling bags. Are those not single use plastic bags as well?

EDIT: Nevermind, I forgot you are in Canada as well.

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
I started to read this and though are things that mixed up or is it a trick question?

There we go again…. Not getting down that rabbit hole this time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94