Why buy a land cruiser?

billiebob

one of the best...
I agree with all his comments, at least in the past the Land Cruiser was above all the rest

ahhhh
at 2:15.... ahhhh
that is exactly what I do with every new vehicle I buy
remove the plastic and store it in the attic so I can see the engine
I have all those plastic bits for our past five ehicles, I just forget when we sell or trade them.

But being old school I love the Land Cruisers with the straight six best.
And I agree with his reasons the Land Cruiser is gone, I have no desire for luxury, I WANT a basic bare bones rough and tumble 4x4. One model never works in North America.

He nailed the problem. North America has no selection. One model. Which is not just over the top luxury, it is not built to get dirty.

Last edited:

toylandcruiser

Expedition Leader
one of the best...
I agree with all his comments, at least in the past the Land Cruiser was above all the rest

ahhhh
I have all those plastic bits for our past five ehicles, I just forget when we sell or trade them.

And I agree with his reasons the Land Cruiser is gone, I have no desire for luxury, I WANT a basic bare bones rough and tumble 4x4

He nailed the problem. North America has no selection. One model. Which is not just over the top luxury, it is not built to get dirty.

I love my 60 but I desire a a 200 so bad

Arktikos

Explorer
interesting that he feels 100 series has a better ride and is more attractive than 200. They're both a bit too large and refined for my preferences so I will stick with older versions.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I've had them all (55's don't count lol) short of the 100 (which I still desire for that very reason) and the 200 has been far and away my favorite. I still lust after a nicely restored and built 60 but they are far from ideal for long distance travel or as a daily, that said, I'll likely have another one day. I agree with the sentiment about it looking like a bloated Highlander, it does, they just seem to have lost a little bit of their edge with the 200 but I think the 2016+ facelift definitely helped with that. It's sad that they stoped importing them here to the states but I am of the belief that they will be back one day. Until that day I will enjoy ours and keep it close by.

billiebob

Anyone doubting the unique reliability of the Land Cruiser..... this pretty much clarifies how bullet proof it is..

Owing to its durability and reliability, the Land Cruiser, along with the smaller Toyota Hilux, has become popular among militant groups in war-torn regions.[97] U.S. counter-terror officials enquired of Toyota how the extremist group Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant had apparently acquired large numbers of Toyota Land Cruisers and Hiluxes. Mark Wallace, the CEO of the Counter Extremism Project said, "Regrettably, the Toyota Land Cruiser and Hilux have effectively become almost part of the ISIS brand."

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
Anyone doubting the unique reliability of the Land Cruiser..... this pretty much clarifies how bullet proof it is..

Owing to its durability and reliability, the Land Cruiser, along with the smaller Toyota Hilux, has become popular among militant groups in war-torn regions.[97] U.S. counter-terror officials enquired of Toyota how the extremist group Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant had apparently acquired large numbers of Toyota Land Cruisers and Hiluxes. Mark Wallace, the CEO of the Counter Extremism Project said, "Regrettably, the Toyota Land Cruiser and Hilux have effectively become almost part of the ISIS brand."
The best isis technical ever was the used f250 that poor plumber in texas sold at auction, man that guy got a lot of hate mail…?

billiebob

The best isis technical ever was the used f250 that poor plumber in texas sold at auction, man that guy got a lot of hate mail…?
yes, that was quite the story... with a moral.... I think it was a trade on a new truck for the plumber, the auction was later, the dealer said they would remove the company signage.... hence the moral..... trust no one

Ozark_Prowler

one of the best...

ahhhh

And I agree with his reasons the Land Cruiser is gone, I have no desire for luxury, I WANT a basic bare bones rough and tumble 4x4. One model never works in North America.

I never understood why Toyota ever offered the “luxury” petrol automatic version in the US. I genuinely think there would’ve been a big market for the more utilitarian models. Look at Australia, they sold tens of thousands over there, all over the continent!

The Big 3 sell heaps of base models and diesels; why not Toyota?

toylandcruiser

Expedition Leader
I never understood why Toyota ever offered the “luxury” petrol automatic version in the US. I genuinely think there would’ve been a big market for the more utilitarian models. Look at Australia, they sold tens of thousands over there, all over the continent!

The Big 3 sell heaps of base models and diesels; why not Toyota?

Well the small 3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles