Why are other full size SUV's not used in overlanding/offroading as often as Forerunner/Landcruiser?

MTVR

The real world, not Porsche paid fake news.

Did you even watch that video?

The $100K+ 760-horsepower supercharged Mustang GT500 with optional Sport Cup 2 track day tires on carbon fiber wheels and optional aero LOST to...a car that was not even a GT2RS...The Porsche in your video was a GT3RS, which has a normally-aspirated 3.8-liter 6-cylinder engine putting out almost 300 horsepower less.

In REALITY, the 700-horsepower twin-turbo GT2RS "Widowmaker" is significantly faster than either of those cars.

REDROVER

Explorer
When Porsche did the test on hurburgring, it was only them who timed it.
Go figure.
345 days out of 360 it’s wet and raining there, they had all the time and everything ready to go for that one sunny day to test the car and time themselves,

American automakers don’t sway there wait for that day to prove something.

watch what corvette Z06 does to the same Porsche on the same race track they claimed it’s the fastest car.

So don’t believe what any automaker claims.

why that widdow maker is not winning any lemans 24 if it’s so fast ? Didn’t ford send everyone home ?
and corvettes dominate the race truck.

so American cars and trucks are absolutely on top there game right now, with overland vehicles as well.

MTVR

Still cracking up over the "Mustang beats GT2RS" delusion. Here is an interesting list of lap times at VIR, done by Car & Driver. The GT2RS was second on the list with a 2:37.8 lap, right behind the million-dollar-plus McLaren Senna. You have to go DEEP into the list, all the way down to 41st place, to find ANY Mustang. A GT350 on Cup 2 track day tires wallowed to a 2:51.8 lap. That's about 15 seconds PER LAP off the GT2RS pace, which is not even in the same ZIP CODE.

Last edited:

MTVR

American automakers don’t sway there wait for that day to prove something.

Clearly you've never been to the Nurburgring:

"Every manufacturer, from Hyundai to Porsche, has a base of operations at the famed Green Hell. Even Ford, a brand who openly defies the notion of making bold claims as to Nurburgring times, regularly tests and hones its high performance vehicles on the circuit before releasing them on the road to the buying public."

MTVR

why that widdow maker is not winning any lemans 24 if it’s so fast ?

Probably because the Widowmaker is a street car version of the 911, and the 24 hours of Le Mans is for race cars. Porsche's racing version of the 911 has won individual classes countless times, and has even won overall.

Didn’t ford send everyone home ?
and corvettes dominate the race truck.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Porsche has won the 24 hours of Le Mans 17 times overall.

Ford has claimed four wins overall, but the "Fords" that won, were not Fords at all- they were British Lola Mk6 race cars, which were already powered by Ford V8 engines before master con-artist Carroll Shelby and British race car driver Ken Miles were contracted by Ford to rebadge them as the "Ford GT40" and race them at Le Mans.

And no Corvette has ever won overall at the 24 hours of Le Mans, although Toyota, Mazda, and even Peugeot have.

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
VIR must have a different layout for bikes. It's only 1:12-1:30 for them?

Corvette has won Le Mans 8 times since 2000.
Ford GT won Le Mans in 16 and 17. IIRC.

8FORDDETAIL-02_i.jpg

Last edited:

REDROVER

Explorer
MYVR
you Just hate American vehicles, it’s ok.

Shelby is con artist,
Ford was British,
musting gt350 is worst.

Corvettes never won 24 hour race ??
Do you watch CNN?

Cheers brother, enjoy whatever makes you happy.5C855D89-C8E0-481A-B1E4-B90202CCE170.jpeg

MTVR

VIR must have a different layout for bikes. It's only 1:12-1:30 for them?

I'm not sure- I've only road raced on the west coast.

Corvette has won Le Mans 8 times since 2000.

Those "Corvettes" were C5R, C6R, and C7R race cars, built by Pratt & Miller, not Corvette passenger cars built by Chevrolet, and they only won their CLASS- they did not win the 24 hours of Le Mans overall.

Ford GT won Le Mans in 16 and 17. IIRC.

8FORDDETAIL-02_i.jpg

No. The Ford GT RACE car (not the Ford GT street car) won within it's CLASS in 2016, but it did not win in 2017, and has never won overall at Le Mans.

Porsche's 919 race car won the 24 hours of Le Mans overall in 2015, 2016, and 2017.

Last edited:

MTVR

MYVR
you Just hate American vehicles, it’s ok.

No. I have no brand preference- just a firmer grasp of reality than you do, apparently.

In fact, I just purchased an American vehicle. It has a turbocharged engine, a 7-speed transmission, fully-independent suspension, 20" Michelins, aluminum and composite body, and originally cost $250,000 when it was new. I purchased it used. It's a one-owner vehicle, with only about 3,000 miles on it, is in great shape, and I feel like I got a good deal on it.

Shelby is con artist,

No. Carroll Shelby WAS a con artist- he's dead now. Shelby's most famous scams are the "Shelby Cobra" and the "Ford GT40".

The "Shelby Cobra" was actually a British AC Ace. AC had lost their engine supplier (Bristol), and Shelby conned AC into modifying an Ace to accept an American V8 engine and giving it to him, under the pretext of Shelby "helping" to save their business, claiming to have found them a new engine supplier (another lie). Once he had the free car, he then tried to con Chevrolet out of a free engine to put in it, but they told him to go pound sand. Shelby was then able to con Ford into giving him a free engine, which Shelby then installed into the free car, and renamed it the "Shelby Cobra". He didn't "engineer" ANYTHING.

The "Ford GT40" was in reality a British Lola Mk6- we've already covered that.

Then there were the mid-'60s Cobra frames, that Shelby claimed to have "found" in his warehouse. He fraudulently filed for lost titles in California, and tried to sell Cobras for $500,000 each. That scam fell apart when somebody found out what shop had built the frames for Shelby after 1990. From Wikipedia:

"In 1993, the Los Angeles Times exposed a Carroll Shelby scheme[22] to counterfeit his own cars. With the price of an original 427 c.i. Cobra skyrocketing, Shelby had, by his own written declaration executed under penalty of perjury, caused the California Department of Motor Vehicles (the government agency responsible for titling vehicles and issuing operator permits) to issue forty-three "Duplicate Titles" for vehicles that did not officially exist in company records. A letter from AC Cars confirmed the fact that the chassis numbers Shelby had obtained titles for were never manufactured, at least not by AC Cars. Only fifty-five 427 c.i. Cobras had been originally produced out of a block of serial numbers reserved for 100 vehicles. Shelby had taken advantage of a loophole in the California system that allowed one to obtain a duplicate title for a vehicle with only a written declaration, without the vehicle identification number appearing in the DMV's database or the declarant ever presenting an actual vehicle for inspection.[23] Shelby admitted that the chassis had been manufactured in 1991 and '92 by McCluskey Ltd, an engineering firm in Torrance, California, and were not original AC chassis,[23]"

And finally, the "Eleanor" Mustaing fiasco, which involved stolen cars, fake VIN numbers, cars made out of two cars welded together, 50 POUNDS of Bondo in each car, convicted felons doing all of this, and a bunch of victims who had put down massive deposits on cars that were never built. In the end, they were shuffling the cars from place to place to try to keep from getting caught by the police with them, but that scam fell apart too.

Shelby was a piece of doo-doo.

Ford was British,

No. Ford was founded in America, but it has been a multinational company for many decades. During World War II, Ford of Germany supplied Hitler's Nazi party with military vehicles and even V-2 rocket engines.

musting gt350 is worst.

No. I never said that.

But you can't polish a turd.

Last edited:

MTVR

For anyone that knows their Le Mans history, and especially for anyone that knows the story of "The Pink Pig":

We visited the original Pink Pig in Porsche's museum in Stuttgart.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles