Whoa...the new 2020+ Titan Pro-4x has serious potential...

JJBiggs

Supporting Sponsor | SEES
Great stuff, all. Appreciate the feedback. Overall the Nissan Titan pro-4x has some serious potential. Some minor upgrades (suspension, tiresm etc) and you're done. That is very appealing.

Personally, I like the tough looks and the simpler interior. Leaves more opportunity to do what I like.
Lastly, the prices down around the SE are really tempting. $51K for a well sorted truck with a true V8 and off-road goodies? Sounds good to me.

Side note - TFL truck just gave a long term report on their in-house Titan. Overall...sounds like they have liked it.

Food for thought.

calicamper

Expedition Leader
The premium one pays for a "legendary reliability" has legendary staying power.
You pay extra to roll it off the lot, ten years later, someone else pays extra for something they think they can trust, five years after, the same.
All that time, there was a Nissan that did the same thing, no bed stiffeners, turbos, re-engineered rear suspensions, just did it anyway, with no premium, so cheaper at any age.
The market recognizes "Legendary Reliability"--sometimes it misses ordinary reliability & that's when we call it a deal-
Not to mention that soo many people get wrapped around the axle about Toyota quality when in many cases the less costly vehicle doesn’t see enough use for quality to be a huge issue. Someone who picks up a Kia and runs it 12 yrs with little to no issues is $1000’s ahead of a person who picked up a Corolla for nearly 2x the price and likely 2x the mileage and ran it the same way over 12yrs.

Hell my old Mercedes fun car has been way cheaper than my Sequoia to own but it only sees 3000-5000 miles a yr. Way more fun to drive too!! And I paid $21,000 for it with 10,000 miles on it. $64,000 sticker car. The Sequoia was $22,000 at 70,000 miles needed way more maintenance than the old Merc.

Vehicle choices and these quality arguments are pretty stupid today with modern vehicles, global parts suppliers and such. Hell I avoided the SLK550 because it ran the same failure prone ABS system the V8 4runners run. Yup same POS ABS known for costly brake failure in both.

PirateMcGee

Expedition Leader
Hear me out.

After doing substantial research on nearly all comparable 4x4 trucks, the 2020+ Nissan Titan Pro-4x has caught my interest. Here's why:

- Wheelbase on the Titan pro-4x crew cab is 139.8. That means the Titan has the most compact wheelbase of all fullsize trucks. Yes...ALL. The next largest is the Ford regular Cab Super duty with 142".
- By comparison, the Titan's wheelbase is only about 11 inches longer than a Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro Crew cab (Short box - 140.6" for the long box).
- V8 Power paired with a super smooth 9speed trans with a respectable 20mpg highway
- Nissan's awesome 4WD system
- The price is right...IMO.

Am I off base here? This truck, on paper could be a game changer for Overlanding. Even with the new Tundra, the Titan has really caught my eye. Anyone else?

C

I came to the same conclusion and bought one. Perfect truck for me. Let me know if you have any questions.

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
Mine was wildly cheaper for way more equipment and way less miles and a way longer warranty. Literally no downside compared to a Tundra other than resale.
Definitely nice trucks, I’d be proud to own one. If I had one gripe it’s that front nose sticks out a bit, the new frontier is tucked up a little better.

PirateMcGee

Expedition Leader
Definitely nice trucks, I’d be proud to own one. If I had one gripe it’s that front nose sticks out a bit, the new frontier is tucked up a little better.

I have the same gripe but that's basically the same on all modern trucks. Once nice thing about the Pro4x Titan is that the skid plate wraps around the bottom of the bumper. It contributes to the big chin but the trade off is it actually protects the front end. The Icon lift pretty much solved the approach angle issue for me. Still better than my old GX460....now that had a low hanging chin.

JJBiggs

Supporting Sponsor | SEES
I have the same gripe but that's basically the same on all modern trucks. Once nice thing about the Pro4x Titan is that the skid plate wraps around the bottom of the bumper. It contributes to the big chin but the trade off is it actually protects the front end. The Icon lift pretty much solved the approach angle issue for me. Still better than my old GX460....now that had a low hanging chin.

Although, talk about a perfect bumper for an aftermarket winch / bumper combo, no? I see multiple areas that can be potentially improved (speaking to approach / departure angles).

C

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles