Whoa...the new 2020+ Titan Pro-4x has serious potential...

jadmt

ignore button user
They for sure are very tempting but 1650lbs payload is like 80lbs more than a Honda Ridgeline.
that is 85lbs more than my Power wagon lol.....but still would not get one myself, they are bland looking. I know some will like them but I have to like the way something looks to give something a second look.

KrymSIX

The Titan is an attractive platform for the same reason the Armada or Frontier are drawing interest.

Compared to its Toyota counterpart it is generally less expensive to purchase and the specs are very nice.

However, with the automotive industry facing its current struggles (all manufacturers) the prices have gone up and if shopping for a new vehicle I'm not sure the incentive is there on the Titan to pick it up on price alone.

The Titan is a great vehicle and if you like the truck I dont think you'll be disappointed. If buying new though it is worth considering the depreciation on our Nissan vehicles is significantly more than the depreciation on a Toyota.

If buying used then the depreciation works in your favor. That's the only reason I was able to get my Armada. The Sequoia and other full size Subs pretty much all started at least 10k more with more mileage and being older.

There is less support for the Titan but there are enough options that are specifically built for the Titan on the aftermarket that you'd have options for how you wanted to upgrade the truck.

Not as much as Toyota, but again, there are more Toyotas on the road since all of their trucks have effectively been on the road for over a decade.

If you found a great deal of just like the Titan I'd say go for it. It's a great platform and its a few years old so they've had a few model years to refine the platform.

Highlander

The Strong, Silent Type
This.
If you come across a good one with a good price buy it.
If you are the guy who loves keeping things for long term Titan is good choice, if you tend flip cars in every three years then get a Tundra.

ps. Ridgeline (1585lbs) > Powerwagon (1564lbs)
How is this even possible?

Highlander

The Strong, Silent Type
The logic is that a 3 years old Tundra cost almost as mochas a new one, maybe like 4-5 k differences.
However the Titian depreciates way faster and way far down. A 3 years old Titan is like 10k cheaper than a new one.
If your are planning to have a truck for 3 years and still want make almost as much money as you serpent a Tundra is better option
If you are planning to keep your truck for 10+ years it’s better to get something less expensive, with better payload and comfort. Nissan meets these requirements just as good as Toyota.
Depreciation after 10+ of use and abuse should not be considered as a financial lose. IMHO

I just watch a TFL tundra video. A 2022 Tundra limited has 1400lbs payload.
2022 Titan has 1650lbs.

bartheil

The logic is that a 3 years old Tundra cost almost as mochas a new one, maybe like 4-5 k differences.
However the Titian depreciates way faster and way far down. A 3 years old Titan is like 10k cheaper than a new one.
If your are planning to have a truck for 3 years and still want make almost as much money as you serpent a Tundra is better option
If you are planning to keep your truck for 10+ years it’s better to get something less expensive, with better payload and comfort. Nissan meets these requirements just as good as Toyota.
Depreciation after 10+ of use and abuse should not be considered as a financial lose. IMHO

I just watch a TFL tundra video. A 2022 Tundra limited has 1400lbs payload.
2022 Titan has 1650lbs.
This is exactly why I bought a 1-year old Kia Rondo in 2009 and a 3-year old 2018 Chevy trailblazer earlier this year. They are great cars in and of themselves lost and a lot of value in the first couple of years, and Toyotas with the same specs are out of budget.

Last edited:

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
I think they lost value- because they lost value. What do you compare a Kia rondo to- I assume a Corolla which is twice as good a car- the trailblazer maybe compares to a highlander- again it’s twice as good a car. I am not saying you made a bad choice- just saying you get what you pay for, the market tends to recognize that. It’s the same as buy a few year old Mercedes’ that cost 100k new and now is only 25k. Well the market knows that car is gonna nickel and dime you to death.

bartheil

I think they lost value- because they lost value. What do you compare a Kia rondo to- I assume a Corolla which is twice as good a car- the trailblazer maybe compares to a highlander- again it’s twice as good a car. I am not saying you made a bad choice- just saying you get what you pay for, the market tends to recognize that. It’s the same as buy a few year old Mercedes’ that cost 100k new and now is only 25k. Well the market knows that car is gonna nickel and dime you to death.
True. “They lost value because they lost value”. At least they lost value before I bought them :p . But losing value and losing quality are two different things. Toyotas are expensive for two reasons, quality and branding/reputation. I don’t care much about branding/reputation.
Back in 09, I could buy a one year old Kia Rondo with 43k miles for the same price as a Toyota RAV4 with 120k miles. Happily drove the Kia for 135k more miles over 12 years with minor problems before I sold it to a Toyota dealer for $1,500. yes that’s not a lot of resale value but at least I didn’t put Toyota level money in it when I bought it either.
Same story with my 2018 trailblazer. It is similar to a Toyota Fortuner. With my budget I could either buy a nicely specc’ed 3-year old Trailblazer with 40k KM or a lesser specc’ed Toyato Fortuner with 150k+ KM. That’s a lot of extra miles, even for a Toyota.
Same story for Nissan vs. Toyota. Though Nissan Patrols are almost the same price as Toyota Landcruisers here.

Last edited:

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
When I say they lost value because they lost value- I was pointing to the fact that their are no secrets in the marketplace anymore- vehicles are priced that way because of their track record, they sell for less because they are truly worth less. They are more likely to break down, etc.

plumber mike

Adventurer
When I say they lost value because they lost value- I was pointing to the fact that their are no secrets in the marketplace anymore- vehicles are priced that way because of their track record, they sell for less because they are truly worth less. They are more likely to break down, etc.
They are more likely to break down because NADA priced it lower? That’s a new one by me.

The resale value is only one value. Scoring a reliable unit that “they” think isn’t has its own value.
It would be impossible to determine actual value of a used vehicle on the internet. It’s simply a guide. Once they are used, other things like maintenance and condition do factor in more than brand.
I don’t ever buy a vehicle thinking if it will be a good value to someone else. I buy it for me. If it’s a good enough vehicle to hold its value, I usually don’t part with it until “I” deem it no longer has value to me.
The sale price is always the same....whatever someone else is willing to pay.

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
I am saying they are priced close to what they are worth, and they are worth what they are worth due to their track record. Look at a 10 year tundra side by side with a 10 year old titan, same with Tacoma vs frontier. The Nissan cost less for a reason- I am not saying they are bad trucks, I’d happily own one, just saying they are not the same.

llamalander

The premium one pays for a "legendary reliability" has legendary staying power.
You pay extra to roll it off the lot, ten years later, someone else pays extra for something they think they can trust, five years after, the same.
All that time, there was a Nissan that did the same thing, no bed stiffeners, turbos, re-engineered rear suspensions, just did it anyway, with no premium, so cheaper at any age.
The market recognizes "Legendary Reliability"--sometimes it misses ordinary reliability & that's when we call it a deal-

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94