Whoa! Ram hints at a new small pickup truck, to take on the Maverick?

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler

One auto mag commentator thinks it might be an EV?, or at least have the electric motor as an option. And Ram CEO Mike Koval Jr. was quoted as stating that the new truck might be smaller than the Maverick.

Hopefully it’ll look a little more interesting than this foreign version:

20019BEF-20E9-4368-8846-348828FC6C12.jpeg

(From the story)
“One of the reasons for the move to a smaller truck could be Ram’s recent success in international markets, including South America and Australia. For example, Ram has a line of subcompact trucks in South America, including the Ram 1200. Customers in other countries tend to prefer vehicles that are smaller than those in the U.S.

Also, Ram can utilize the resources of its parent company Stellantis, which offers small trucks through other automakers. This includes Peugeot, which sells the compact Landtrek. However, in order to appeal to discerning pickup truck buyers in the U.S., Ram would likely boost the performance capabilities if it offers a similar truck stateside.”

What do you guys think? Would you choose the Ram over the mini Ford, if they were pretty comparable?

Last edited:

jbaucom

I'd rather take my chances with the Ford product...better perception of reliability vs Stellantis, and a larger number of dealer service departments to choose from.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper

One auto mag commentator thinks it might be an EV?, or at least have the electric motor as an option. And Ram CEO Mike Koval Jr. was quoted as stating that the new truck might be smaller than the Maverick.

Hopefully it’ll look a little more interesting than this foreign version:

View attachment 749408

(From the story)
“One of the reasons for the move to a smaller truck could be Ram’s recent success in international markets, including South America and Australia. For example, Ram has a line of subcompact trucks in South America, including the Ram 1200. Customers in other countries tend to prefer vehicles that are smaller than those in the U.S.

Also, Ram can utilize the resources of its parent company Stellantis, which offers small trucks through other automakers. This includes Peugeot, which sells the compact Landtrek. However, in order to appeal to discerning pickup truck buyers in the U.S., Ram would likely boost the performance capabilities if it offers a similar truck stateside.”

What do you guys think? Would you choose the Ram over the mini Ford, if they were pretty comparable?
That looks like a rebadged Mitsubishi L200

images.jpg

Reactions: plh

case

Observer
I know seven people who bought Mavericks and twice that many with orders for them. And I don't know many people. Every manufacturer is paying attention to the Maverick. We will soon see many similar options.

Reactions: plh

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles

Members online