Who would be interested in a 2012 "End of the World" Maya Rally?

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
Nice video....great start to promoting the event!

I am serious about fixing the NASA rocket for you. ;)

I just landed a job yesterday after months of looking. I am now officially a taxi driver! Ha!! Going to try and work 2 jobs all year and bust my ******** to make sure I can make this event. That is how much I want to go!

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
Well, I am planning to go, in my FJ60. If that truck isn't ready or I don't have a pile of cash for fuel there is a early 1990s Subaru sitting at my property for $350. It has high/low, 5spd and gets 30mpg! ;)

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
Everyone,

We are planning for an official launch March 1st. Everything is pretty much ready - please take a look at the new site and let us know if you have more questions: www.mayarally.com
(we are already aware of a couple bugs, Wes will fix them when he comes back).

In the meantime, here's a movie suggestion for those who can't wait!

evldave

Expedition Trophy Winner
While I haven't decided anything yet, I grabbed www.mymayarally.com in case I decide to go. I'll use that (and likely Google Sites) to document prep and the actual Rally if I decide to go. Let's see, tough dilemma...canoe trip through Canada for a month, or Overland Rally and winning the Maya Rally...:sombrero:

If I don't end up going and someone wants to use the website name, just let me know and I can re-direct to your server location...(I'll make a final decision April 2nd)

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
All,

I will be in Prescott this weekend at the headquarter and we'll do the official launch then! Well everything is pretty much ready (site is already live), I just want to brainstorm one last time to make sure we can bring you the best Rally ever!

As I said more details will be announced as we finalized everything, and we also need to keep some surprises for later!

We'll have a heavily discounted entry fee for early Expo adopters before we start promoting the event elsewhere.

And just as another teaser, Niall is working on getting some nice Rally license plates for the participants...

:)

Funkweasel

Hey Christian...the early entry fee is listed at $275 but the Google Checkout is showing $350? Its not a big deal either way, but thought I'd ask if that's an error either way?

All,

I will be in Prescott this weekend at the headquarter and we'll do the official launch then! Well everything is pretty much ready (site is already live), I just want to brainstorm one last time to make sure we can bring you the best Rally ever!

As I said more details will be announced as we finalized everything, and we also need to keep some surprises for later!

We'll have a heavily discounted entry fee for early Expo adopters before we start promoting the event elsewhere.

And just as another teaser, Niall is working on getting some nice Rally license plates for the participants...

:)

Marc1904

Different
I'm very interested in this!! I'm actually separating from the Navy in mid November, so i'll be on leave and job free at this time! :)

I would push to get back to SD by Christmas, but if not I wouldn't mind too much. I would prefer as much as the route as possible to be away from most of the other on-road tourists that are going to see something that they don't understand.

On the thought of the day itself... The Mayans never really said the world would end. Their beliefs were that the world would "reset" so to speak... like an ice age or major event that would return the world to where it wants to be.. instead of where we've trapped it. It will be the end of one (believed) age and the beginning of another. :ar15:
not saying there won't be crazy meteors and tsunamis and other stuff... just that the world will still be here.

I'll be honest... there would be a few nights that I plan on getting smashed and partying like some wild Hunter S. animal (but safely)... hopefully that's ok.

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
Fixed. We dropped it to $275 to encourage as many people as possible to sign up early, even though we don't have all the final details sorted yet.

Please note:

-this is not a reflection of the quality of the event. NoLimitX provides top-notch orofessional services and they are doing us a HUGE favor to plan and coordinate the final party in Guatemala.

-Our desire is to keep it affordable and non-commercial as much as possible, so we won't really be looking for sponsorships to help out, like most event does.
So the entrance fees basically need to cover all our expenses, prizes, charity donation, goodies, etc - so we don't have a huge margin.
But it's all about the spirit and creating a "grassroot" event where everyone can participate!

Hey Christian...the early entry fee is listed at $275 but the Google Checkout is showing $350? Its not a big deal either way, but thought I'd ask if that's an error either way?

Funkweasel

No worries. Registered so you should see the registration package and payment from Troy Holland now.

Super excited to get going!! Oh and you need to add a "Question 1"

Thanks for putting this together Christian.

Fixed. We dropped it to $275 to encourage as many people as possible to sign up early, even though we don't have all the final details sorted yet.

Please note:

-this is not a reflection of the quality of the event. NoLimitX provides top-notch orofessional services and they are doing us a HUGE favor to plan and coordinate the final party in Guatemala.

-Our desire is to keep it affordable and non-commercial as much as possible, so we won't really be looking for sponsorships to help out, like most event does.
So the entrance fees basically need to cover all our expenses, prizes, charity donation, goodies, etc - so we don't have a huge margin.
But it's all about the spirit and creating a "grassroot" event where everyone can participate!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne