Who wants to own a 70's Series Cruiser that isn't 25 Years Old????

lugueto

Adventurer
The saddest part is that, other than the use of the 1FZFE, a 15 year old 70 series will be exactly the same as a 25 year old 70 series...

Expedition Leader
If you believe that a petition of any number of individuals carries more weight than lobbyist's dollars in our current form of representative government, you are bound to be disappointed.

zimm

Expedition Leader
make friends with a diplomat and have him bring one in for personal use, then sell it to you when he leaves.

zimm

Expedition Leader
If you believe that a petition of any number of individuals carries more weight than lobbyist's dollars in our current form of representative government, you are bound to be disappointed.

if by current you mean since 1787, you would be correct.

just type, "money, history, US politics" and enjoy your day.

jdlobb

Adventurer
It doesn't matter if this petition won't actually change the law. The point is that based on his own rules and practices if the petition gains more than 100k signatures in the required 30 days President Obama HAS to release a public statement in response. I for one want to hear what he has to say on the matter, and nail him down to an official position. That is the very start and the only way to move forward with getting a legislator to introduce a bill that will change it.

Knowing what the President's official position is will make it easier to people legitimately trying to change this to craft their arguments and strategies, as well as design the legislation to address issues that will come up.

jdlobb

Adventurer
if by current you mean since 1787, you would be correct.

just type, "money, history, US politics" and enjoy your day.

I challenge anyone to tell me a single form of government in the history of the world where power in the hands of a few individuals did not carry more weight than the "voice of the people." Some like to rabble rabble that this is something new, when in fact it is the oldest and most natural state. We may all want to live in a utopia where the government does whatever "the people" want, but it's never ever ever going to happen, and it has never ever ever happened in history before.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior