Who uses an Indel-B refrigerator?

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
Just curious because they are very competitively priced. They look very similar to my Dometic, similar enough that I wonder if they are manufactured by the same company. I'm looking at the Travel Box 41 or 51 (the 51 is only $30 more at Equipt, but it looks really, really tall and I don't know if it would work with my sleeping platform.)

Just wondering about overall quality, performance, ruggedness, etc.

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
Just curious because they are very competitively priced. They look very similar to my Dometic, similar enough that I wonder if they are manufactured by the same company. I'm looking at the Travel Box 41 or 51 (the 51 is only $30 more at Equipt, but it looks really, really tall and I don't know if it would work with my sleeping platform.)
Just wondering about overall quality, performance, ruggedness, etc.
I got mine (51) from TruckFridge and have been very happy with it.
Huge thread here on the Expo Portal at: TruckFridge (IndelB) on Expo

JGBB04

Observer
^ ditto, I've had mine since March & love it. Used it on 3 trips so far & keep it running at home for mini bar use.

RHINO

Expedition Leader
indel, truckfridge and ironman are all the same,,, and i think indel is the manufacture, the boxes on all seem to have the indel logo.

stioc

Expedition Leader
I have one 40L/42QT (great size for a family of 3 - we used to use a 40qt 5-day cooler and sometimes felt it could've been a little bigger if that gives you an idea). I think they're all Waeco/Dometic spin-offs. In fact, the transit bag I got for mine is for a Waeco and it fits my IndelB perfectly. I preferred the Waeco's grey color over the IronMan's all-black transit bag.

ratkin

Adventurer
Can you post a picture of your Indel-B in a Waeco transit bag? I would like to see how the vent openings line up.

Thanks!
- Richard

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

stioc

Expedition Leader
The vent openings are in the same spot as the fridge so no issues there. This is the only pic I have of the fridge with the transit bag but if you want close up shots still I'll take a few.

6F264368-6178-4EC5-8047-62E4627D70EA-1667-0000021EC8A7064A_zps60f10298.jpg

craig333

Expedition Leader
Holds a very steady temp, no more than a 4 degree swing. Freezes too well in the freezer. At least once a month I have to defrost it. Low volt cutoff is set at 11.5 I believe. Not an issue with solar. I shut it down in the winter.

ratkin

Adventurer
The vent openings are in the same spot as the fridge so no issues there. This is the only pic I have of the fridge with the transit bag but if you want close up shots still I'll take a few.

Thanks!

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

GFA

Adventurer
Just got a Truck Fridge/Indel B 51, seems pretty nice so far. The lid hinges seem kinda loose and the wire basket hangs up on the inside liner to where I broke a handle on it trying to squeeze it inwards. Truck Fridge sent me a new one immediately and said it would not void any warranties if I smoothed the edge down on the liner. They are going to try to get indel to redesign that issue.

I've got the fridge set at 28, seems to the sweet spot right before freezing bottled water. When it's running, it has a bubbling or dripping water sound. I'm guessing it's the freon moving through the lines, can anyone else tell me if that is normal?

SB

ColoDisco

Explorer
Getting ready to pull the trigger on a indel B. What is everyone using for tie downs? It is going into my 95 and 98 Discovery and will be on the trail frequently.

ColoDisco

Explorer
Talked to Paul at Equipt today and ordered the 51 and a set of Tembo Tusk tie down straps. We do enough bumpy off-road here in Colorado I just didn't feel the base would hold it well enough.

mortonm

Expedition Leader
I ordered from Northern Fridge here in Ontario, great service and response time/shipping was borderline ridiculously fast. It is the Indel B 42L and comes with attachments for either AC or DC power. There is a small truck fridges logo near the display panel.

By my rough experiment it will hold at least 40 tall boy cans of beer, and yes that's an official unit of measure north of the border.

Here are a few pics inside and out, let me know if you anyone has any other questions or wants different angles

Fuse and power lead options

Blue light when opened

The compressor sits under the small grey bin, and is dead space

imagejpg2_zpsd83d30ff.jpg

The centre divider of the basket comes out for larger items

The handles come separate, along with the two power cables

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles