Who ordered a New Defender ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DieselRanger

Anyone know if side mounted gear box can be removed after install, want explorer pack but in AU we need to run ladder on right side of vehicle (drivers side AU) if you want to run a gulwing awning on passenger side (AU) due to the rear door opening to the drivers side.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
I thought I read somewhere that the owner can choose which side the ladder and box go on. I would be surprised if they were left/right side specific. The US website says the box "is not intended to be removed once attached," or words to that effect. Whatever that means....

I'd actually like to see the box be removable with some kind of universal or at least multi-purpose lockable mounting attachment beneath, so that you could replace the side mounted cargo box with something like Rotopax or a tool carrier as required or desired.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

soflorovers

Remember lucky8 have seen the engine bay/coolers, said they have been moved higher up into the engine bay area.

They are there but higher and more toward the centre imo, wont be an issue for 4x4. But will take a little longer in cad than the usual tube bars.
AU is getting a factory bullbar/winchbar. Im guessing at the very least that would able to be ordered somehow via 3rd parties and sent around the world in the interim until others come to the party.

I've seen photos of a prototype running a brush guard, but it's aft of the bumper, and not integrated into it. I've yet to see a factory winch/bullbar.

1571407232078.png

catmann

Was re-reading an Autocar article after the new Defender launch and caught this tidbit about the diesels...

Meanwhile, an additional, more powerful diesel engine is said to be under development for 2021. The six-cylinder D300 will deliver a 0-62mph time rumoured to be below 8sec and is being considered for launch in the US, as well as Europe.

catmann

Some random photos I missed or did not catch my attention at launch:

Roof top tent (with ladder this time):
27-lr_def_110_20my_off-road_100919_12.jpg

37-lr_def_20my_detail_100919_08.jpg

Folding panoramic roof which does not seem to inhibit any accessories:
20-lr_def_90_20my_off-road_100919_08.jpg

15-lr_def_90_20my_off-road_100919_13.jpg

DieselRanger

Was re-reading an Autocar article after the new Defender launch and caught this tidbit about the diesels...

Meanwhile, an additional, more powerful diesel engine is said to be under development for 2021. The six-cylinder D300 will deliver a 0-62mph time rumoured to be below 8sec and is being considered for launch in the US, as well as Europe.
Oh please oh please oh pleaspleaseplease

blackangie

I thought I read somewhere that the owner can choose which side the ladder and box go on. I would be surprised if they were left/right side specific. The US website says the box "is not intended to be removed once attached," or words to that effect. Whatever that means....

I'd actually like to see the box be removable with some kind of universal or at least multi-purpose lockable mounting attachment beneath, so that you could replace the side mounted cargo box with something like Rotopax or a tool carrier as required or desired.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk
I suppose being hard to remove is good for safety.

I read the ladder is either side, but box is right side only.

Makes sense to be either side for box, but not end of the world.

Im guessing box can be removed or requested not to be installed.

blackangie

I've seen photos of a prototype running a brush guard, but it's aft of the bumper, and not integrated into it. I've yet to see a factory winch/bullbar.

View attachment 545409
That is a factory winch bumper, 50mm tube and braced that is not weak by any means. Im guessing that's the AU bumper, that one was spotted in spain.

x2M and Infinity! hahaha

That will be a $12k factory option I'd be willing to pay for!

mpinco

Expedition Leader
Diesel for 2021 MY but I highly doubt it will be a $12K adder. The Petrol MHEV is a very complicated engine, hence the $12K price.

blackangie

Agreed, that was more of a slap on the $12k price for the Petrol. I can't imagine more than $4k adder considering the D5 I think was less than $2500.
Could the 6 diesel be Mhev or hybrid also?

Remember there is the PHEV coming 2020 also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles