Who is using Goal Zero Yeti to power your fridge?

JLee

Adventurer
Way to expensive in my mine when I can power my ARB from my jeep battery for 4 days w/o having it run.

And I would go with a dual battery set-up way before bying a goal zero.

So...not you, then. ;)

Goal Zero combines light weight and convenience with an integrated solar charge controller and inverter (USB ports too). I can easily remove it from the truck if I want power elsewhere, use it at home in the event of a power outage, etc.

i agree that they are not cheap. That said, I do like mine.

Oconnorb

I got a goal zero 400 (non-lithium) for a steal at a close out vender. It powered my ARB 37 for a week, no issues @29 degrees. I was gonna do a dual battery setup, but didn’t like the inability to move battery system if needed to another vehicle. Non-lithium can be charged while driving from a 12v plug, kept it fully charged, going to install 2 boulder 30 panels once I figure out how / where I want to mount them.

Great to have it all in one system, no invertors, or isolation issues. I found two additional batteries that I can link to the 400 “base” unit and have a 1200 vs 400 for longer isolated trips.

tbisaacs

Adventurer
I am. ARB 50 via a connector that I made. I took a goal zero ring connector and spliced it with the arb cigarette plug.

I bought longer hex bolts so I could bolt the yeti down to my drawer setup.

If parked for more than 1 day I recharge with a 100w Renogy. Driving around I charge with my factory inverter.

27a390874357991a41343af7a60251f1.jpg

1c1e22e478ce2749c15555f75b4f8276.jpg

40e16afd400c403b0f5bcba445e5da0a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

warrpath4x4

Adventurer
i don't, but i don't have a fridge in my vehicle. i do however have several other goal zero products and they have always been quality pieces.

codename607

Adventurer
I'm currently using a Yeti 400 as my main power source in my FWC. For the last 3 years I've used it to power my fridge and it works great. I also have a 100wt solar panel that I can use to charge it but I normally use my truck outlet for that. I never spend more than 2 days in one camp spot.

Since I have more than one camping rig I think the functionality and mobility of the Yeti is perfect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles