Who has the oldest, still working 12 volt fridge/freezer?

JaSAn

Grumpy Old Man
I have a Norcold DE 251-D that came with my Grandby. Manufacturing sticker on the back says 1982.
I have no idea of its history; I've had the camper for 6 years and run it about 10 -12 weeks a year.

spressomon

Expedition Leader
Bought my Waeco CF-51 in 2005 and it keeps on keeping on. I've replaced the goofy lid clasp mechanism a few times...and need to do it again now. But other than that the CF-51 has paid dividends and taken a tough pounding over the past 15-years.

Cabrito

I come in Peace
Mods: Please merge this with the other duplicate thread -

ZMagic97

Explorer
I have an Edgestar FP430 that's about 10 years old. It's bounced around a LOT in my ownership and still runs fine. Just got a larger fridge, but the Edgestar has been too good to me to get rid of it.

Reactions: plh

pjtilly

I bought my Trailblazer in 1987. Its covered a lot of Australian roads and tropics in that time. Their Australian made .

Land Shark

ARB 50qt purchased 2010. Been on, in a truck the majority of its life. Replaced the thermistor but that’s it

Last edited:

67cj5

Man On a Mission
the metal exterior is a dead giveaway its an Engel, ARB went right to plastic when they started making their own..
Yeah the Blue and Grey ARB's have plastic Lids and Bases but the Walls are Powder Coated Zinc Plate so rust should not be a problem and they are pretty tough,

Since we have been having these lockdowns since February I have been running my two as Freezers, My 47L / 50Qt has been running non stop for almost 5 years come this March. (y)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles