Who Has Scheel-Mann seats??

In July I made a trip to visit Scheel Mann in Portland. The seats are terrific. Much more firm and supportive than my stock Chevrolet seats ever were. They were also more narrow. That might take some getting used to, but overall, I'm very impressed.

Other than raising the $7k for the seats, the real trouble I'm having is finding a supplier for the seat tracks.

Wedge now only makes brackets for the Coreabu seats. I called Planted and they said that they would be willing to take the two hours to do the measurements, but they are in Washington. I'm in California and really don't have the time to devote to the road trip.

Does anyone out there have any ideas for having the right tracks made?
Durwin

andy_b

In July I made a trip to visit Scheel Mann in Portland. The seats are terrific. Much more firm and supportive than my stock Chevrolet seats ever were. They were also more narrow. That might take some getting used to, but overall, I'm very impressed.

Other than raising the $7k for the seats, the real trouble I'm having is finding a supplier for the seat tracks.

Wedge now only makes brackets for the Coreabu seats. I called Planted and they said that they would be willing to take the two hours to do the measurements, but they are in Washington. I'm in California and really don't have the time to devote to the road trip.

Durwin

Man, that is super disappointing! Although certainly not the same magnitude, I had a slightly similar post-sale experience. They were super helpful beforehand, less so thereafter. This is now a big problem for you and anyone else that wants these great seats - hopefully, Scheel-Mann will figure out a solution.

Anyhow, the Wedge brackets I have are not special - just steel strap welded together. Overall, the best and (overall) easiest answer is having Planted do it. A fab shop could figure it out, but it will take some trial and error which will be time and money wasted. What better way to break in your seats than a road trip?

a

BruLew

Durwin
I answered this question for you on May 2nd. Go to a message board for your truck and ask someone that lives in the Seattle area to stop by. You'll be surprised what people will do. There is no easy fix and you have to be determined to get it done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94