who daily drives there rovers?

Brianawd

I was using my 03 Disco as my DD but with the price of gas I just could not do it any more. 50 miles every day and gas at $4.00 per gal was taking its toll on my checking account. I now drive a $250 1990 galant gsx that gets 28-29mpg with my ski rack on it.

overlander

Expedition Leader
what kind of mpg do you guys with the TDI's get?

I get about 17-18 MPG. A 2.8 has a bit more umphh than a 300 TDI that ranges around 24-25ish. 200 TDI's have even less still (so better economy). umphh vs. economy is a tradeoff.

My initially attempts at tweaking the fuel injection pump were during my coolant leak that proved to be a leak in the head, which is resolved. I'm going back to the drawing board to try and get 20mpg out of it (for a 400mile per tank range).

The higher cost and lack of availability of biodiesel really pisses me off. Why should home grown fuel be more expensive that import? I don't get it.

DividingCreek

Explorer
I average about 525 miles to the tank...

thats about 100 more than my best tank. I'm consistently in the 385-420 range on 18.25 gallons so 21-22.7 with a 6800# truck on 33's. A lot of my driving is through the Blue Ridge mountains to and from my farm-many steep grades. I wouldn't go so far as to say the 200 has less umph than a 300. In stock form yes its rated 5 or 6 hp less than a 300 but with the most minute of pump tuning get you that and more.

mongosd2

Adventurer
haven't touch the pump, truck has plenty of get up and go, just no gear left to go faster than 60...Doug, mines a lot lighter than yours...

bovw

Explorer
5 years in a 95 D1, the last 2 with 3 in RTE springs and RTE bumpers along with 255/85 mt's. Sold recently and bought my wife a Bimmer, now I have her 99 D2 with OME HD springs and 265/65/18 BFG AT's which she drove for 2 years. The D2 went to TX for SCARR last year, and another trip to AZ 2 months later.

Snagger

Explorer
My wife drives our 300Tdi RRC daily for the school run and shopping, and I'll use it at weekends for commuting to work as it's a bit more comfortable and economical than my much modified 200Tdi 109 which I normally use for my 55 mile daily commute. The Lightweight was bought as a fair-weather summer toy for pub lunches and going to the shows, so we only occasionally drive that one.

greenmeanie

Adventurer
In Switzerland I have my 110 TD5 SW as my DD. In the US I have a choice every morning of my 71 SIIA 88, my 101 GS and soon my hot rod 67 SIIA NADA 109 SW. They are all DD as much as I can spread myself among them.

overlander

Expedition Leader
In Switzerland I have my 110 TD5 SW as my DD. In the US I have a choice every morning of my 71 SIIA 88, my 101 GS and soon my hot rod 67 SIIA NADA 109 SW. They are all DD as much as I can spread myself among them.

Dang! No doubt your blood is green. :smiley_drive:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94