White Turtle III - Ford Transit - The build and adventure!

Photomike

White Turtle Adventures & Photography
Your cabinets look great. I would like to do a build very similar to this - just the basics, not even sure I will go with the toilet. I might have more of a layout challenge as I am 6'3" and can't sleep sideways! I have been shopping for a van just like this. Can't find an ecoboost in my price range at the moment.

Do you know what axle you have in it? (Inside door jam, manufacturing plate with axle code will let you know)

Any concerns with the batteries outgassing? I have read different things, but most say that venting them is best practice.

What did you do for storage under the bed?

If I was taller (and healthier) I would have put a bed along the left wall that would make up into a sofa during the day. My issue is that making up a bed and taking it down is a issue for me. The washroom is great to have for emergencies.

I had pulled the info on the axles, from what I remember 3.31.

Batteries are AGM, no worries about off gassing.

Storage under bed on one side is an inflatable kayak. On the other are Rubbermaid bins for junk.... supplies:p a few pictures mixed in here of the under the bed section.

Photomike

Well I decided that I wanted to add a seat swivel, another thing off my list!

Seat swivel & battery relocation

MG_2494.jpg

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Dealing with mosquitoes, I finally found something that works!!

Read about it on my blog

Waterton20190616I096c-1024x682.jpg
Does the 15 x 15 cloud of repellent work while hiking? Skeeters love me. The Transit conversions in the article look great.

Photomike

Does the 15 x 15 cloud of repellent work while hiking? Skeeters love me. The Transit conversions in the article look great.

According to the manufacturer moving limits the effectiveness and it works better for people following the one with it on.

Saw the new units. I have been thinking if I would sell and buy a 4x4 version and convert that. So far the answer is no.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles