Which VHB to use?

Superduty

Adventurer
I see VHB mentioned a lot around here. I took a gander at the 3M www site to learn a little more about VHB. There seems to be many options and probably more than I have patience or desire to learn about. Can any of you experts give a summary of which VHB to use for various applications that one might encounter in a 4x4 vehicle or around the house use?

Thank you

Roaddude

Long time off-grid vanlife adventurist
I see VHB mentioned a lot around here. I took a gander at the 3M www site to learn a little more about VHB. There seems to be many options and probably more than I have patience or desire to learn about. Can any of you experts give a summary of which VHB to use for various applications that one might encounter in a 4x4 vehicle or around the house use?

Thank you
Opinions will vary widely on which 3M VHB tape to use where. Most of the opinions you'll find in forums will be based only on what the user found on amzn or in a local store and used, so think is best, not what might actually be best from what's available if one digs further and learns for themselves.

The best guide I've found for which tape to use for which application is from 3M itself:

3M-VHB-Products-Page-1080.jpg
This is from their pdf: 3M VHB Tape Design Guide

There are several guides available to using 3M™ VHB Tape found through an easy search.

Here's one I found helpful when new to VHB tape, from Fastenation, who specialize in fasteners of all types: Expert's Guide to Using 3M™ VHB Tape

Hope that helps you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94