Which suspension on my JK for overland use?

dstock

Explorer
I ran AEV 3.5" for a year but switch out springs to the 4" ARB OME HD's because AEV springs are built for stock sprung weight.

Actually, that is incorrect...straight from AEV's website -

"AEV cannot guarantee that the lift height you get will exactly match the height we advertise. This is simply due to the fact that AEV designed its suspensions to carry the weight of additional accessories and loads, but no two JKs will ever be accessorized or loaded in exactly the same way. Ultimately the weight of your vehicle will influence your final lift height and this could vary by +/- ½-inch or more."

dstock

Explorer
If you were going with AEV, ditch the bilstiens, they are part of the stiff problem and go with fox. That will help for sure. but I have been in an AEV equipped 4 door and it is stiffer than mine. but it handles corners great. ha ha.

What tires were on the AEV equipped JK? What was the air pressure? What kind of mods did it have? You make some broad claims based on little experience without providing much data to back it up which kind of sucks for people who are trying to make informed decisions on how to spend their money. Apologies to the OP, I'm not going to continue to clog up this thread responding to these "claims", just hate to see people potentially misled.

I don't. I have been in AEV equipped Jeeps. :smilies27

un-huh...

harv3589

Adventurer
What tires were on the AEV equipped JK? What was the air pressure? What kind of mods did it have? You make some broad claims based on little experience without providing much data to back it up which kind of sucks for people who are trying to make informed decisions on how to spend their money. Apologies to the OP, I'm not going to continue to clog up this thread responding to these "claims", just hate to see people potentially misled.

un-huh...

No worries all a good read...

Everyone's experience will differ, my experience was I did not like the handling of my jeep with gear for a weeklong trip using aev springs, I spoke with Dave at Aev and the suggestion for both me and Mario was to upgrade rear springs to 4.5" springs to fix sagging with weight. I did not consider that a fix as the progressive rate area of my aev springs was effectively a 2" spacer and the aev springs were single rate anyways. My comment was meant to say aev spring accommodate their rear bumper, front bumper but not other overlanding gear. I have a close friend that rock crawls and loves his aev 4.5 springs but the only weight he carries is passengers a 37" spare tire and fuel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!

un-huh...

it was an aev equipped jeep JKU. 2.5" with drop brackets, front/rear bumpers, aev roof rack etc. 285 tires and aev wheels. I do not know the air pressure. I said stiffer not rougher. To very different things. Stiffer means handles the turns but does take the chop on pavement harder. Rougher is bouncy stiff like there is no suspension.

Dstock, instead of being an *** all the time....seeing as you like to follow me around trying to discredit me, take the time to actually read what I was saying. I am wondering....seeing as you follow me around, do you want a date or something?

dstock

Explorer
Dstock, instead of being an *** all the time....seeing as you like to follow me around trying to discredit me, take the time to actually read what I was saying. I am wondering....seeing as you follow me around, do you want a date or something?

HaHa! Nice comeback, very mature. And narcissistic too! Responding in this or any thread about products I actually own is hardly following you around.

Sorry OP, I'm done responding here.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Good maybe it will get back on track. take care! I do have Effing experience. Not owning it does not mean I don't have experience. That's something that you can't get through your head.

harv3589

Adventurer
Decided to go with the AEV 3.5" lift and 35" Duratracs...hope to have it all done by January/February.

m(a)ce

Adventurer
congrats on your decision! I'm loving my 3.5 & 35s. look forward to your pics

delivered by winged monkeys

kenaero

Observer
Decided to go with the AEV 3.5" lift and 35" Duratracs...hope to have it all done by January/February.

Just found this thread. Similar ideas and lo and behold I too am running an AEV 3.5" lift but with KM2's....hey I'm in Fl need something better in the mud, since most of my time will be here for awhile.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles