Which SLR to get

Scott Brady

Founder
I have the S5000, and have used it with great success for several years. You can also fit standard screw-on filters to it as well.

Nearly all of the images on my website were taken with the Fuji S5000

Great deal by the way too...

S

Scenic WonderRunner

Thanks Scott!!!!!

I think I can feel my credit card starting to vibrate in my wallet!:Wow1:

Just for converstation sake. Here are some pics I took two weeks ago up near Red Mountain/Randsburg, CA. with only my LG 1.3mp camera phone.

So they do work in a pinch!

Attachments

• SWR Red Rock Canyon.jpg
    SWR Red Rock Canyon.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 21
  • SWR Red Mountain Sunset.jpg
    SWR Red Mountain Sunset.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 25
  • SWR Randsburg Sunset.jpg
    SWR Randsburg Sunset.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 22

UncleChris

Adventurer
JMyerz said:
The lower end canons and nikons are roughly the same with a slight lead to nikon. I've had a D70 as a backup for a while and it works great and rarely am I worried about dust. I worry more about vibrations in a car than I do anything else.

I'll actually have my D70s up for sale soon, so PM me if you would like more info.

J

Thanks, look for my pm.

S

Scenic WonderRunner

OK........

My trigger finger was itchy this morning So I had to click and buy my first ever digital camera!

The..........Fuji FinePix S5200

Only $221 after $50 rebate..........free shipping.....no tax!:ylsmoke:

I will use the $50 savings to buy a 1 gig memory card.:luxhello:

Suggested Retail at the Fuji website.......$399...!!!$%:rolleyes:

What a Country!!!!!!:jump:

S5200_duo_lg.jpg

S5200_rear_lg

S5200_top_lg.jpg

S

Scenic WonderRunner

Thanks......Aaron.....Mark,

I've been putting this off for so long! But at this price.....it's kind of like buying a throw away watch. By the time I'm done with it.....there will be even more, way better choices out there at around the same price!:ylsmoke:

Just think of all the pix of the Scenic Wonders I can get now!.....that will be sooooo Fine!.........:elkgrin:

......you guys are soooo punny!

Last edited by a moderator:

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
Damn, that's a lot of camera for just $220. Nice! Let us know how you like the anti-blur after you get to play with it for a while.

S

Scenic WonderRunner

Thanks> ML.....BT,

I got my "shipped" confirmation today.

I think my credit card is still having cold sweats from this great buy he found!......hehe;) :D

My new Fuji Finepix S5200 is due this Friday!

Will be glad to share some pics......if I ever get my truck out of the hospital! UG!

......I'm glad I bought when I did.....the current lowest price on the Fuji is $239 after rebate!!!!!!!

Fuji FinePix S5200

S

Scenic WonderRunner

My Fuji FinePix arrived today! :wavey:

Here is my first ever digital pic taken out my kitchen window (through a dirty! double pane glass) on a very rainy San Diego day! Getting dark out but you wouldn't know it from the pic!

I just set it on Auto.....and clicked!:sunflower

When the pic is in my puter at full resolution the lines in the fence are straight. But when I downsize the pic to attach in this post....the lines run together a bit. I guess I will learn how to fix that with time?

It took me forever to find this pic in my puter.....it's like lost in space!

I'm hoping the odd shaded color by the brick pillar is either my kitchen light reflecting on the window......or I did something funny when I was experimenting with the "pic correction" features. I don't remember it being there on the first shot.

.......just testing.......

Attachments

• 2006_03100001.JPG
    2006_03100001.JPG
    130.2 KB · Views: 47

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior