Which seat covers?

98OzarksRunner

Adventurer
I have the Smittybilt seat covers. Just like the Rugged Ridge, they have storage compartments and pockets.

I had the Smitty's in my last 4Runner. After about 4 months they had faded from tan to pink and were coming apart at the seams. Not high quality stuff.

MTRunner

I'm deciding between the Marathon cordura and the Cover King ballistic covers. From what I can tell from some pictures, the Marathon covers fit decent, but not great. The Coverking covers look to be a little higher quality and fit better, but they're more expensive. I'm going purely off of some pictures and a few reviews on here, so I could be wrong in that assumption. Does anyone else have any thoughts or opinions about the fit and overall quality of either one? Are the Coverking's worth the extra money?

MTRunner

After some more research I decided to go with the Marathon covers. After ordering them I found out that they are made a couple hours away from me in Bozeman. So that was a major perk, supporting some local economy while getting a high quality product. The covers are being made right now. Once I get them installed I can report back to the fit.

pluton

Adventurer
I had the Cover Kings in a previous vehicle, and liked them a lot. Plain twill fabric, totally washable, tough. When they came for my newest vehicle(a 97 4Runner), I was disappointed to find that they now had a PU coating on the underside, which makes them a touch sweaty on hot and/or humid days. Also, they are a bit slicker for the dog than the old ones. If you have a risk of liquid spillage(which I do not, usually), the PU coating might be a good thing. Fit is tight, no issues there.
Those ones with the pockets look cool, but I'd need to make sure I could fold the rear seats down with the pockets loaded.

Just a FYI, I just ordered full set of front and rear seat covers for my double cab at auto anything with this discount code AA15RMN and was able to get the ballistic Coverking seat covers for $288 Shipped to the door. The same covers bought direct from Coverking are $443. and the Marathons were $426

MTRunner

Sorry, it's been awhile since I've been on here. The seat covers have been great. The fit is very good, it's a little loose around the bottom of the seat, but I think that's more due to my installation than it is the cover itself. I'd highly recommend them and would buy them again. I'll get a picture of them when it's light out and post them on here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior