Which offroad trailer should I buy?

Stinkytaco

I've been looking at several manufacturers, I need something to handle fairly difficult trails, but still be a comfortable setup for me and my daughter for several nights camping at a time. I have narrowed it down to AT Horizon ( http://www.adventuretrailers.com/ ), or I'm also looking at the Pacmule trailers ( http://www.pacmuletrailers.com/pacmule.html ). I like that they are more of a multi-purpose trailer and i could use it for other things like hauling tools/materials for my construction business etc.. looks like I'd have to build it out, but the price seems right.

I'm looking to keep it well under 10k,

The Australian trailers look pretty ************ but not sure about purchasing them here.

Any info/suggested is really appreciated.

BTW also considering the flippac.

Thanks,

Kye

OS-Aussie

Adventurer
I think for US based you can't find better pre or post support than AT.

In six years they have never let me down once with help or advise. :wings:

Now which model......... :Wow1:

wcdu

Observer
I went for the Jumping Jack. Their web site is so-so. There is some good info on this list.

Steve

mrchips

Adventurer
I think you should buy American, The AT is a Extremely fine well built package and will last you a long time, and give you good resale value, should you wish to sell it.. Yes they are pricey, but you are buying quality, you get what you pay for.

STREGA

Explorer
No way your are going to be able to get a new AT Horizon for under 10k, A well equipted Chaser is 10k +, maybe a used one would be closer to the 10k price point. Comparing the AT to a Pacmule is apple vs oranges kind of thing, both are good but different. The AT is a purpose built offroad trailer with the most advanced suspension on the market, pacmule is a lot more versatile but with a more conventional suspension setup, It would get the job done but on more difficult trails it would be at a disadvantage IMO. Don't know how good the Pacmule guys are on servicing their products, but I have nothing but good things to say about Martyn & Mario @ AT. Other than what you want to spend on a trailer, your post says you want a AT trailer to me.

Borrego60

Rendezvous Conspiracy
I purchased a Horizon in 09 and have not looked back. AT support is great also,any question has been answered in a timely manner. Just do it.

Attachments

• bingo beach 005.jpg
    bingo beach 005.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 53
  • bingo beach 009.jpg
    bingo beach 009.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 59

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94