Which Deka battery for my 80

cstamm81

Adventurer
I'm on the quest for the biggest and best battery for my 80 series. Reason being, I am running a single battery that will be powering a fridge and some other small electronics. I'm putting off the 2nd battery for now, and I carry a jumper pack. In going through Mud and here, I have come to the conclusion that for the price the Deka AGM batteries cannot be beat. Optimas and Odysseys are hyped up, but I do read good thingsd about Odysseys.
Here is the .pdf for the Dekas. I can get mine locally, I know plenty of people who work at the factory. http://www.eastpenn-deka.com/assets/base/1143.pdf
Has anyone been able to stuff a group 31 into the stock config on an 80? The specs on the 31 are impressive. The group 34 / 78 is handy with the top and side connections too, might make winch wiring a snap.

jim65wagon

TundraBird1
I've got the 34/78 marine/rv version which has the top posts plus the top screw posts to wire your trolling motor and other boat accessories to. Since it's in a truck and not the boat I've got my auxilliary fuse panel (powers the OBA, 12v outlets, and a bedlight) and the winch wiring screwed down to the marine posts. Can't say anything about it's longevity though, it's been in maybe 6-9 months and I've not really worked at draining it down...

cstamm81

Adventurer
it's hard to decipher which ones are considered marine making them a true deep cycle. I believe all of the Intimidator ones are, but I can't tell for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles