Which ambulance has the most interior space? Kodiak vs E-450s

Lashidalgo

I've been researching a lot about ambos and looks like they come in different versions even when coming from the same factory. i.e. a class 3 horton ambo can come anywhere from 149 to 169 inches long

For practicality, the biggest I'd go on the base would be a Kodiak. I've searched everywhere online for the dimensions with no luck. Are Kodiak boxes more spacious than the ones on the fords?
Also, what is the biggest box you can find in a ford? is there anything bigger than the Horton in ford or chevy base?
169” L96” W72” H

ericvs

This might also be stuff you already know and it doesn't answer your question, but there are low interior roof ambulances and high interior roof ones. the low roofs are like 5'4" interior after a build and the high roof ones are over 6', so I imagine that might play a role in your choice also?

Lashidalgo

This might also be stuff you already know and it doesn't answer your question, but there are low interior roof ambulances and high interior roof ones. the low roofs are like 5'4" interior after a build and the high roof ones are over 6', so I imagine that might play a role in your choice also?
That is right!, im looking for a 6ft one.
Reading at some of the conversion post I learned that ambos e-350 and kodiaks come anywhere from 12ft to 14ft long. It would be intrestingto see if someone has extended a box 2 ft with an angle to not compromise departure angle.

iggi

Ian
Of the usual boxes you'll only get a full 6 foot if you get an ERV or similar (which is rare).
The standard high roofs usually end up at 5'11" or less once you've got a floor and insulated ceiling in.

There's a quite a few people (myself included) that have raised the roofs to the height we want.
Mine is 6'3" inside. Raised it 10 inches.
4x4 conversion and butt trim still coming.

Ambo_with_roof_raise_side.jpg

cjken

Explorer
Most Kodiaks have 14 foot boxes. Mine is a rare 12 footer.
35424c1525789ccc5e306c6f5d660a39.jpg

Rebuilder

Builder of Things That Interest Me
ERV's are 75" inside height of the empty box so it's a great option if you can find one. Inside width is 90" and length is 164".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94