Which 600-horsepower station wagon would make the best expedition vehicle?

MTVR

There's only a few on the market.

The Mercedes AMG E63S has had a lock on that particular niche spot in the marketplace for some time.

But now Audi is FINALLY bringing the RS6 Avant to the U.S..

They're both AWD, and they're both powered by twin-turbo V8 engines.

Are there any other contenders?

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
'57 Nomad with a built V-8. I was in Baja at a spot that required 4wd for 40 miles to get in. We hear a V-8 coming and up comes an El Camino that had been converted to 4wd.

Last edited:

jkam

nomadic man
I'd be willing to give up the 600 HP for one of these.
It will last much longer and is truly an expedition vehicle.
IdsGYi2.jpg

Why not build what you want? Find an older model full size Blazer or Bronco add a 500+ cubic inch motor with a modern 6 or 10 speed automatic. Max rpm is 6000 with hwy cruise 65 mph at 2000 using 35 inch tires. Simplistic and easy to maintain. If you want a luxury interior, you can add all the fancy gadgets your heart desires. Throw in nice set of Scheel Mann heated and cooled seats. Overall cost half of the major 3 mentioned above.

MTVR

dreadlocks

I've owned one RS6, and I cant wait to get my hands on a RS6 Avant.. I been wanting one for so very long, I'll probably be buried in it.
DSC00744.JPG

In the garage there peeking out is my 500hp hatchback, I wanna find a A4 UltraSport Wagon w/6MT to swap its drivetrain into.. that would be the daily beater wagon, and the RS6 the weekend warrior wagon..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles